Miscarriage and PCOS

Beth_welshy

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Im 27 and have PCOS. Was diagnosed with it about 5/6 years ago due to not having a period for 6months.
Up until June last year I have been using BC to avoid pregnancy. The first AF after having imanon removed came quite quickly then I waited for the next and it didn't come.
Being very impatient and wanting a baby more than anything I decided to do some research online and there I found out about Agnus Castus. I started to take it and within a few days AF showed up.
I continued to take it the next cycle up until ovulation. An extremly painful AF arrived or what I thought was AF it was actually an early MC :( That was in early October.
I took Agnus Castus on and off for the cycle after the MC.
When AF arrived I again took matters into my own hands and stopped taking Agnus Castus and took Soy Isoflavones Days 3-7.
By 14DPO I tested positive and was delighted, I did have some concerns as I was spotting. The midwife arranged an early ultrasound for me for 6weeks. The spotting turned to heavier bleeding and miscarried the day before my scan. This happened before Christmas.
After waiting over 40days for my period I took AC to bring it on. Within 2days AF arrived. I had been to the doctor and he prescribed me Metformin for my PCOS.
I'm currently on CD5 and I've started taking Soy again.

I was wondering if anyone else with PCOS had experienced recurrent miscarriages and then had a successful pregnancy.

I'm petrefied of it happening again.

Thanx in advance for any advice

Xxx

Hiya, so sorry for your losses. I had one at 13 weeks in between my 2 boys and have PCOS. Metformin is suppossed to reduce the miscarriage rate grately if you take it into pregnancy, also got my periods back!
I just replied to another thread saying this, but check out member hb1 first few pages on her visitor board as she posted loads of info. about PCOS xx

hey chocolate, would you be able to send us the link re that page? been looking for it but can't find it!

sorry to hear that beth, i had a mc last month, it was my first at 6weeks, same thing as you, started spotting then bled..which is a sign of low progesterone common with ppl with PCOS..wish there could be an answer!

Hi, here is a good link too, ive signed up for emails which give brief recommendations on diet and latest research : https://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/news125.html#sec3

If you look at my profile, hb1+ is listed as a friend, click on her name and then look at the first few pages of her visitor board, hth xx

Thank you Cocolate and SunnySun. I'm sorry for your losses.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->