Miscarriage cycle questions???? Plz comment.

Melmel59

Momma of 5 + 5 Angels
Reaction score
Ok ladies. I've seen where a lot of us are ttc again right away after a m/c. I'm comfortable with it after an early loss (5 weeks) and not wanting to wait 1-3 months since 1. I've not been told to. And 2. I'm no spring chicken, :) So these are question for those of you who m/c before 7 weeks. I have read conflicting things on the net. For instance, one site says most women don't ovulate after a m/c (the miscarriage cycle) until they get a normal period first. Another site says a women will ovulate 2-4 weeks After a m/c.
I think it would be nice to gather some stats from here and maybe put a FAQ so others will know what to expect.

1. Did you ovulate at all before getting a period after the m/c?(after d/c or bleeding from m/c stopped)
2. If yes, was it right on time, earlier than usual, later than usual? And how many days earlier or later?
3. Also, put anything that you think others ttcal may find helpful.
Hopefully, some of the new BFP'ers from this forum will see this and chime in.

Hi Hun :D

Well, I m/c'ed at 5.5wks, Dr said no reason to wait before TTC again as long as we were both emotionally ok (actually helped the healing trying again, and I know what you mean about not wanting to wait :D).. think I may have ovulated 10-11 days after the bleeding started but not confirmed (changes in cm, had a couple of days of ewcm which is my usual sign). As I usually have a 21-25d cycle this was more or less bang on time for me if it was indeed ovulation....

After my mc I bled for 4-5 days, and have had a fair few abdominal cramps/back ache which may be due to the mc or to a uti (oh joy, my cup positively floweth over), at Dr's tomorrow so should find out which it is - to all those who are going through the Hell of a m/c, love to you all - I promise you'll come through it in the end and may there be a happy ending for all of us xx

From my m/c in '07: (5-1/2 weeks)
1. I ovulated 2 days later than usual.
2. Period was 2-3 days later than normal.
3.if you use a saliva microscope or device of any kind, it will be UNRELIABLE the first few weeks after a m/c. Will show estrogen surges (ferning) when you are not fertile (2 days after bleeding stopped for me).
I Believe pregnancyloss.com backs this up, too.

Hi I had a MC at 5 weeks, and then one at 8 weeks.

1. I did ovulate both times before the first period, I knew as I was temping, and saw EWCM.
2. As soon as the hcg levels were non pregnant, 2 weeks after that I had Ovulation happen. This happened 2 and a half weeks after 5 week MC, and 3 and a half weeks after 8 week MC.
3. After both MC's there were changes to my cycle. Instead of the major EWCM happening on day of Ov, it happened a few days before, temps were a bit wacky at first, but still showed Ovulation both times. Also the first cycle after the 8 weeks MC, I had REALLY bad PMT, and also I had all the pregnancy symptoms I had had before which was freaky. So things can be different afterwards.

I think you should go ahead and try again as soon as you are emotionally ready. I needed one cycle between TTC just to sort my head out, but there is no medical reason not to try again.
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->