Miscarried at 8 weeks after a positive 7 week scan. Just want to vent.

MrsClark24

Reaction score
So I posted a week or so ago about how I had started bleeding a little. On the Monday we went for an early pregnancy scan and we saw baby with a heartbeat and everything looked great but they couldn't explain the bleeding so we put it down to cervical bleeding.

But all week I was spotting and bleeding a little. Then on Friday it got a little heavier until on Sunday it was heavy enough to cause me to rung the Early pregnancy team again and I was booked in for a scan on Tuesday.

Monday came and early Monday night the bleeding was ridiculous. I was going through a night time pad in 45min and I had bad period style cramps. I passed an egg size blob which I didnt know at the time was my baby.

Tuesday at the scan the midwife said she couldn't see any pregnancy inside. Everything was gone except my womb was still thick so I had some blood to get rid of still.

I knew deep down what was happening when I had the first scan but the hardest part was seeing babys heartbeat and thinking everything would be ok. Seeing baby on the screen even at 7 weeks was magical. The midwife even gave me a few scan photos. Only a week later it was over.

I don't know how to feel or think. I'm confused and upset but deep down I knew so I'm not surprised. I don't know.

The good bit is that my efficient body got rid of everything quickly and naturally so I don't need any meds or a D&C. But it all seems so dream like. I feel as though I was never even pregnant at all.

Thank you for reading if you have.

MrsClark

Firstly I am so sorry for your loss. It is the worst thing we can go through as women. I am awaiting my third MC right now as baby is 10 days under gestation and heart is only at 40bpm. I had good pregnancy symtoms and have been feeling sick, still do. I thought that third time would be a charm. So was very shocked when I went do my scan on Monday at 8+2 when they struggled to find the baby. Me and DH are feeling very angry at the world and can't believe we cannot stay pregnant.

I know what you mean about it feeling like a dream. It felt like that last time. I felt like I had made it all up. But we need to remember that we were pregnant no matter how brief.

Time is a great healer. Time is what has helped me through my last two losses and I know it will again. I'm sure hat your next pregnancy will be perfect. Remember most women go on the have a healthy preganacy next time. Take care of yourself X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->