Miscarried today, feeling sad! Advice on hcg levels after and also work!

SmileyKez

Reaction score
Hi, I mc today! Feeling ok, just a bit sad! Had my blood taken and my hgc was about 76, where it was about 140 when I got my bfp! There was nothing to be seen on my scan and they mentioned ectopic! The fact my lining was quite thick leads them to think it isn't ectopic and just an early mc but just wondered if anyone else had any experience of this? I am just hoping because they are going down it's not ectopic!

Also, just wondered, how long did u stay away from work after your mc?

Hi hun,

Firstly, so sorry to hear about your loss. :hugs: Hope you're ok.

I took just under a fortnight off work, but I had to have a D&C - ours was a missed miscarriage, we only found out when we went for our 12 week scan. I think you just need to give yourself as much time as you think you need.

Come on and talk anytime, the ladies here are stellar. :thumbup:

X

Hey hun,
Sorry to hear of your news today. I had the same thing happen in January- HcG was 60 odd and in two days went to 30 something. It delayed my period about a 8-9 days and then I had a slightly heavier one. We did try again straight away but it was a few cycles before I got a sticky BFP. I wasnt working so didnt need to take time off but my advice would be to go with how you and your body feel mentally and physically. Your doc should be able to give you a sick note.

TC and be kind to yourself.

Minimin x

God Bless you :hugs:
I have had both mmcs and a mc
Just like the other poster said most likly its NOT an ectopic but if it is at this point it can be removed with out losing your tube.
since your numbers are coming down in all liklihood you will get your af in a few days
and it could be just a bit heavier and more unpleasant than usual, though it wasnt HORRIBLE for me other than the fact that I knew I had lost my baby.
Good luck
I hope you get your :bfp: soon :dust: :hug:

Sorry to hear the news :(

My HCG levels were something like 1000 when I had the MC and had to keep going back to get blood drawn to monitor them... took about 5 weeks for them to get under 5 again. Then about 2 weeks after that I got AF again.

Thanks for your replies ladies!
I am all so confused and have millions of questions in my head! Trying to sty positive though and hope this is all over soon.

I have cramps and am bleeding, although fairly lightly and have pains in my stomach (although not sure if thats because I didnt eat all day and had a dodgy tummy with nerves and now just had some food) The bleed feels like AF. There was nothing in my uterus on the scan, and i started with brown blood, then red later on, could this be AF and i miscarried a couple of weeks ago or is this me miscarrying?

Hey Hun,
I think the MC is the red blood. I would take it easy as you can the coming days. It is good you have bled red. It doesnt sound like an ectopic as far as I know ( I had one in Sept 2009). I had more brown prune juice blood and my HcG numbers were going up. I would do a pregnancy test again once your bleeding stops to check it goes negative. Even better to see if your doc can do a blood test. That way you know your on a new cycle. Take it easy babe :hugs:

So very sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Not sure if it will help at all, but I will share what happened to me, hopefully it will help!

I had a natural miscarriage in late September at 8.5 wks. It was red blood for certain, and I ultimately passed grey tissue (which was the sac itself), followed by more bleeding. I went back for a f/u scan 2 days later and everything was gone, but the doctor told me that because my uterine lining was thick (like just before a period), I would probably shed the lining in a few days. Sure enough, about a week or so later, I had a 2-3 day bleed, like a 7 day period compressed into 3 days, and then it was done. It was likely the lining shedding finally, as my period came like clockwork from the date of my m/c, and my cycle seems to be on track this time around also.

So maybe you are shedding some of your lining? Every m/c is different, but maybe your experiencing something similar to what I had.

As for returning to work, I tend to jump right in to anything I do, so I actually, like an idiot, went back to work the day after my m/c. I probably should have waited a day or two more, as I was very sore and still not mentally prepared for work imo. But like others here have said, you have to do what feels right for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->