Miscarried Twins at 17 weeks

Goldy

Blessed Indeed!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I miscarried my angel twins on May 27, 2010 naturally at 17 weeks. Doctors at ER did not do a D&C as they did not see it as necessary as 98% of the tissues had come out.

After 6 weeks of no AF Gyna suggested an Ultrasound and it showed that I had retained tissue, She gave me the drug Misoprosol (excuse the spelling)to try and get rid of this retained tissue. Nothing came out after 2 doses I just had cramps. Doc then suggested a D&C to clean the retained tissues. This was done on Jul 10th 2010. (approximately 6 weeks after the initial Mc) My question to anyone who has had similar experiences is Do I count from the day the D&C was done or from the initial miscarried for AF.

I have only spotted once on the day of the D&C and doc says every tissue came out. When did everyone else try after being that far along. Was told that this was due to cervix incompetence. And that next time would require a stitch.

I just want to get on with my life and try again. Doc had said its ok to try after one cycle, but what did other doc say on similar issues. Am afraid of trying too soon and to go through the same process.

I *think* you count from day of D&C but I'm not really all that sure about that. As for trying after an M/C, my doctor told me to wait a full and complete cycle (all the way through your period) and then if you want, to start trying again the next one.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Sorry to hear about your loss and good luck when you try again xxxx

:hugs: :hugs: I'm so sorry. I can't offer much info since I mc naturally and I do believe it's different with a D&C.

So sorry for your loss hun....
I was told after my D&C to count CD1 as the day i stopped bleeding after the procedure. If i had counted CD 1 the actual d&c then my cycle was 43 days compared to 30 days taken from the day i stopped bleeding.

so sorry for your loss, youve really been through the mill by the sounds of it. i would count from D&C, it took me 5 weeks to ovulate so 7 till my 1st af, but i think i had retained a small peice of tissue as i passed something around 2 weeks after, so hopefully yours will be sooner. i had ov pain so there was no way i was leaving an egg i knew was there when there was a chance i could get pregnant so we started straight away, although i didnt fall on till cycle 3. hope you get your BFP soon. xxxx

Am praying for a BFP soon!! But all the same thanks for all your concerns. It had taken me almost 8 years to conceive the twins and it happened when we where not charting or thinking about it. More of on a break!! God knows how much I miss my angels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->