Miscarrying? Approx. 6.5 weeks pregnant

tah2012

Reaction score
Man...it has been a long time since I've been on this forum. This place was invaluable to me during my first pregnancy a few years ago! Since then I've had a 2nd child and I had just recently gotten a positive pregnancy test for my 3rd child. But...then came the bleeding (or spotting. I'm not really sure!). I started spotting yesterday and by evening I saw a little bit of brown blood on toilet paper when I wiped and then that was it. Now around lunch time today I started spotting/bleeding again. This time I had enough to show in my underwear (not just on tp) and I've been bleeding ever since. It seems like water/mucous may be mixed in at times and I may have seen some tissue or clotting. I'm not really sure what I am looking for. I wouldn't say the bleeding is heavy. I'd say it is more like a period on the lighter side. I've had a fair amount of low back pain but not much in the way of abdominal cramping.

So, this all sounds like I'm miscarrying doesn't it? I've never been in this position before. I don't really want to get into details but I can't really go into the hospital for them to check and just say yep and there's nothing we can do. Even a trip to my doctors would likely cost me an arm and a leg (which is one issue) but I will look into it when offices open Monday. In the meantime what in the world do I do? In a way it just seems like it's all happening so fast that I just don't know how to process it. I want to go on like normal and crawl up into a ball and cry at the same time.

Sorry you're in this position! Normally, I'd say get checked but I appreciate that's not an option right now. But you're very early on, so even if you're miscarrying, you should be ok physically. Promise you'll get seen if you bleed a lot though? For your own safety and health. In terms of the pregnancy, they can't really do anything anyway. Either it'll continue or it sadly won't, nothing you do or don't do will change that. Saying that, I'm sorry you have to live with the uncertainty for now. I think it's perfectly possible that the pregnancy will be ok. Lots of people have early bleeding and don't miscarry. But then, I'm the type to prepare for worst case, so if I was in your shoes, I'd assume that it is a mc. Do you have pain meds and a heat pack to ease the physical pain? At 6.5 weeks, hopefully that side shouldn't be too hard.
If you can, I'd say take it easy for a few days and be very kind to yourself. Hopefully it's just a scare and will settle soon. Please keep us updated?

And if you need to vent in the meantime, here's a great place to do that!

I'm so sorry you're going through this. What you describe obviously doesn't sound good, though it's impossible to know for sure.

I went through a natural MC at 6 weeks in October and, while I did consult my doctor over the phone, never went in to be seen. He did give me some guidelines.about what to watch out for in terms of my own safety. If you are bleeding to the point that you need to change a pad every hour, you need to go to the ER immediately. If you need to change it every 2 hours for more than a 12 hour period, you should definitely call and talk to your doctor. If the bleeding persists for more than.a week, or if you still get a positive pregnancy test after two weeks, you also need to seek medical advice/attention.

Good luck to you.

Yeah, I mean...if I NEED to get seen then I need to get seen. I imagine I will go in at some point. I'm still bleeding today and it's as heavy as a period. I've been assuming its a miscarriage because I just don't see what else it could be. Even if by some off chance baby is still alive right now, all signs point to baby not making it. And, even though there may be some other possibility, I do feel like I owe it to myself to face facts and then if it isn't, deal with it that way, rather than hold onto all this hope and be let down. I try to be realistic about things so sometimes that means I'm more optimistic and sometimes not.

Thankfully pain is not really an issue. The low back pain I had yesterday was quite annoying but even that for the most part has seemed to pass. If anything there may be a dull lingering ache. Hopefully it stays that way as I know tomorrow I'll have to continue taking care of the kids on my own. I am trying to remain thankful despite it all that I have the two kids I have and that I I'm experiencing an early miscarriage (if that's what this is) rather than one later on.

Today the bleeding has gone down. I am feeling it occasionally but the color seems to have gone darker. Its like the end of a period where you will have little to nothing for a while and then feel a bit come out. Haven't had any more cramping or pains since that episode on Saturday. I really should call the doctor but I'm scared. Scared to have confirmation and scared of having to go alone, with 2 kids under 3.
I told my hubby it had slowed down and his response was "that's good". I'm just thinking well no, not really because while I don't want to lose too much blood, I don't think it settling down increases the chances of it not being a miscarriage, you know? From what I've read it seems miscarriage bleeding, even early, tends to last a while, but every time is different and who is to say it won't increase again. *Sigh*

I've been having similar symptoms. My miscarriage is confirmed though :( It does unfortunately sound like that's what is happening. And I'm so sorry :( My bleeding is very much not like a period. Very stop and start off and on. Like I'll get episodes of cramping, then pass a bunch of stuff. Then it will be fine or almost stopped for a few hours. Then back to the cramps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->