Miss Ashlyn KayLee Schott born 1/2/09

avistar

#1DD and preg with #2
Reaction score
My whole labor and delivery was very text book for the most part. I woke up at 3:40 am with contractions that were exactly 5 mins apart lasting about 50 secs. I woke my DH up and told him about how I was feeling and he asked if he should call into work (he was joking all week to have me get him out of work as he had all week off and only had to go in on Friday which was that morning). He got up with me and timed the contractions and sure enough they were staying 5 mins apart...and some in between were coming on. I also believe I was having back labor as my back would hurt off/on.

We called the doc on call and she told us to go ahead and get to the hosp. We arrived there at 6 am, so we waited a good 2 hours before heading over. I was hooked up and they measured me at 5 cm dilated. I wanted to try and with stand any pain meds for long as possible and headed to the jacuzzi. That was my main goal ;) I was in there for about 40 mins and headed back to my room. The pains were getting stronger and closer together. I felt bad as my FIL watched me in pain for almost an hour. About 10 am the pains were getting stronger and every 2 mins or so. I knew that they were only going to get worse so I decided to get an epidural.

They had to give me the epidural sitting up and through a contraction. It was really scary and hard for me to stay still has I was shaking really bad. The epidural was the one thing I was more afraid of. Once it was all set and done, I could instantly feel no contractions. My heart rate dropped and so did baby's but all went back to normal as 3 nurses jumped into the room. I had no idea...The epi was given when I was 7 cm dilated. I could still move my legs which surprised me!

We waited around for a long while with my FIL, mom and dad in the room. I was laughing and eating pop sickles. MY water broke at 8 cm and gushed out twice. I was glad that it all happened without the help of the doc.

About 1:30 the nurse told me I was ready to start pushing. I only had to push for little over 30 mins as my baby was born at 2:16 pm. I was amazed how fast it all went. I had to get a lot of stitches, only on the sides. I had tears near my urethra that they left alone. I could feel a few stitches here and there so the doc gave me a local.

Ashlyn KayLee Schott weighted 6 pounds 15 oz. and 19 inches long.

She came out rosy pink and beautiful! I still can't believe she is here!!! :cloud9:

Attachments

• DSCN2390.jpg
    DSCN2390.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 22500002.jpg
    22500002.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 89
  • tammy 077.jpg
    tammy 077.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 118
Well done and congrats, she is beautiful :)

oh avistar i was waiting for your story :)...

she is so lovely and precious!!!!

she is beautiful hun congratulations

Lou
xxx

Congrats!!!! Hope you are healing up nicely!

aww congrats! I didn't know you were naming her Ashlyn! Isn't it a great name! :winkwink:

She is beautiful, congratulations. Gorgeous name too xx

Congratulations!!
She's gorgeous! xx

awww congratulations :D shes cute!

i dont know if you've done it wrong but on the topic title it says born 1/2/09, lol. ? Baffled me. :lol: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->