Missed miscarriage 4 weeks ago but no bleeding

NoodleMama

Reaction score
Today I went for my 12 week scan and was given the awful news that the baby’s heart had stopped at 8 weeks and 2 days. I should have been 12 weeks exactly.

To say I’m devastated doesn’t even begin to cover it. This baby would have been our second and was so wanted. Our daughter is 6 and we had to wait a couple of years due to a medical issue, so to finally get that positive test and get all excited, only to be told during the scan that the baby has died… it’s just awful.

Everything I read online seems to say that tissue usually starts to pass within a couple of days but could take up to 3 weeks. Yet here I am, 4 weeks later, with morning sickness and sore boobs. It was such a shock and I’ve cried so much this afternoon.

I just want it to be over, but the staff at the hospital seemed to be encouraging me to wait and let it happen naturally. I’ve asked for an appointment for medication to speed it up, so I should be picking it up on Wednesday.

Has anyone else had a missed miscarriage which didn’t pass for 4+ weeks? Is this common? How was the pain when it finally happened?

I’m so sorry this happened to you, it not fair. I’m sending hugs and prayers your way.

Today I went for my 12 week scan and was given the awful news that the baby’s heart had stopped at 8 weeks and 2 days. I should have been 12 weeks exactly.

To say I’m devastated doesn’t even begin to cover it. This baby would have been our second and was so wanted. Our daughter is 6 and we had to wait a couple of years due to a medical issue, so to finally get that positive test and get all excited, only to be told during the scan that the baby has died… it’s just awful.

Everything I read online seems to say that tissue usually starts to pass within a couple of days but could take up to 3 weeks. Yet here I am, 4 weeks later, with morning sickness and sore boobs. It was such a shock and I’ve cried so much this afternoon.

I just want it to be over, but the staff at the hospital seemed to be encouraging me to wait and let it happen naturally. I’ve asked for an appointment for medication to speed it up, so I should be picking it up on Wednesday.

Has anyone else had a missed miscarriage which didn’t pass for 4+ weeks? Is this common? How was the pain when it finally happened?

sweetheart I am so sorry for your loss. I had a missed miscarriage last November (can’t believe it’s been almost a year already.) I had a bad feeling right from my bfp that something didn’t feel right with the pregnancy. My morning sickness started later than normal. I did still end up with awful morning sickness but at 8+3 weeks I woke up and it had completely disappeared. I didn’t feel pregnant anymore. I tried contacting my midwife but never managed to get through and had to end up sending an email which was never replied to. I went for my scheduled midwife appointment a few days later and told her everything but she brushed off my concerns and told me I was probably lucky that my hormones were already settling. My morning sickness has always been horrendous and lasted a little way into the second trimester so it just didn’t sit well with me. From 9 weeks I spent from them until my scan trying to find baby’s heartbeat with my doppler and nothing. My morning sickness eventually kicked back in so I hung on the thought that baby could have been fine and maybe I had an anterior placenta and they were tucked behind it because I always read bad morning sickness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy. I tried listening again the night before my scan and still nothing. I felt sick to my stomach sitting in the waiting room. I just knew in my heart baby was gone. I measured at 8+3. The exact day my sickness stopped. I was absolutely heartbroken and hurt that no one had listened to me when I kept insisting something felt wrong. My body had just carried on with the pregnancy. Even the placenta had continued to grow. Like you I couldn’t wait any longer for things to happen naturally as it had already been 4 weeks and my body hadn’t realised. I opted for medical management in the hospital. For me personally I had really scared myself about the process as I’d read horror story’s online. I would certainly advise not googling it. But the pain wasn’t any different to a period really. It did take a few hours of having to sit on a commode while I passed the pregnancy and I did have period pain when it was over but it was completely manageable and nothing like what I’d feared. The bleeding wasn’t as heavy as I’d expected. Only once it was all over could I then begin to grieve my baby. For me I did bleed for weeks and weeks after but I was told it was really unusual for that to happen and when I had a scan I did have a little retained products (I hate that phrase) so it made it harder to deal with as I felt like I was going through the miscarriage for over a month. But once it had cleared my periods were back to normal and we decided to try again. I just needed to because my heart ached so much to fill that emptiness. I just wanted my baby back. It took a little while but I’m now pregnant with our precious rainbow. He’ll never replace the baby we lost but it has helped make things easier to bear. At my hospital we were offered a woodland burial so we have a place to visit and remember our little one. It will be somewhere to remember them on what would have been my due date. Dh also brought me a beautiful memorial glass photo of our scan so I can light a candle with that to remember them. I found it hard after being pregnant for 12 weeks not even knowing if they were are boy or a girl because I couldn’t give them a name. It’s just a horrendous thing to have to go through. You will get through this though sweetheart, my heart goes out to so much at this difficult time. I’m just so very sorry this has happened to you. There really are no words to say but I do know what you going through my lovely. If you have any questions or need somebody to talk to please don’t hesitate to message me. Look after yourself hun and take all the time you need to grieve for your precious little one :hugs:

I'm so sorry. My mmc the baby passed somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks but I didn't miscarry on my own. I ended up having surgery to remove the pregnancy at nearly 12 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->