Missed Miscarriage after IVF

want2bmum11

Mummy to 1 DS
Reaction score
Don't really know what to say. Is just shit. Feel hurt, cheated, heartbroken and angry. Scan this morning showed empty gestational sac, then had to go from fertility unit to dr to give them letter, and am now a the hospital waiting for an op to remove it.

Just sad really.

:( I'm sorry. Been there. Sending you much love xx

This just sucks. The consultant at the EPU said he wasn't comfortable "diagnosing death" (his words) and wants me to go for a scan next Wednesday to confirm, although based on everything he is sure it is a missed miscarriage. Sent me home to wait and see if I miscarry naturally or if not I guess they will do something next week. So sitting around at home waiting to miscarry and wishing this nightmare were over. Bad enough to wait three years, then go for IVF to have pure joy for a couple of weeks then someone pull the rug out. But now sitting around waiting to miscarry is just horrible. I'm just so very very sad.

I feel for you. My pregnancy was naturally conceived but I'm also in the middle of a missed miscarriage. Diagnosed but not dealt with. I found out yesterday and am waiting to get an appointment for a d&c tomorrow morning. Info material says they aim to give an appointment within 7 to 10 days. :-( I'm terrified it might start at home. The wait really sucks and I'm sorry they're making you wait longer. :hugs:

I'm so, so sorry. I was in your exact position almost 2 years ago and I know how heartbreaking it is. I went for my first scan and they couldn't find a heartbeat. Any loss is tough to handle but after going through IVF, it seems doubly cruel.

I went through a natural miscarriage almost 4 weeks after finding out on the advice of my doctors. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a message.

Thinking of you x

Thank you all - went to netball last night which seems to have somehow helped start things off. For some reason it feels a little better knowing it has now started and that I'm no longer in limbo. It strangely doesn't seem that bad (touch wood).

Amygdala - am so sorry you are going through this too. It's the limbo which I found the hardest. In a lot of ways I know we are very lucky as no baby ever developed, and as it was IVF we had an early scan. Am grateful for all the small mercys right now. Big *hugs*.

His Princess - I was wondering - what was the reason for your IVF? Ours was unexplained secondary fertility after 3 years. Know it may sound inappropriate, but am wondering if there is any chance of any conceiving naturally after this? What did you do? And how long did you have to wait before going again? We have no frozen embryos unfortunately so we have to start again.

I'm really sorry if it sounds insensitive, we just waited so long and I'm wondering if there is any chance something positive may come out of this :(

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine after three years how you feel. I can share though in the just awfully sad feeling a loss brings. I hope in your own time you feel slightly better xxxx

Thank you all - went to netball last night which seems to have somehow helped start things off. For some reason it feels a little better knowing it has now started and that I'm no longer in limbo. It strangely doesn't seem that bad (touch wood).

Amygdala - am so sorry you are going through this too. It's the limbo which I found the hardest. In a lot of ways I know we are very lucky as no baby ever developed, and as it was IVF we had an early scan. Am grateful for all the small mercys right now. Big *hugs*.

His Princess - I was wondering - what was the reason for your IVF? Ours was unexplained secondary fertility after 3 years. Know it may sound inappropriate, but am wondering if there is any chance of any conceiving naturally after this? What did you do? And how long did you have to wait before going again? We have no frozen embryos unfortunately so we have to start again.

I'm really sorry if it sounds insensitive, we just waited so long and I'm wondering if there is any chance something positive may come out of this :(

Don't apologise for asking, I'm more than happy to answer.

The reason I was given for not being able to conceive was PCOS, although more issues came to light later on. I didn't respond very well to stims first time round so we only managed to get 3 eggs and 2 embryos. The second wasn't a good enough quality to freeze so we had to start from scratch. The second time round worked out a lot better and I fell pregnant again and they also managed to freeze 4 embryos. Our second attempt resulted in my 6 month old son. During his delivery (emcs), they discovered extensive endometriosis and the surgeon that operated told me that would've been the reason why I couldn't conceive naturally. However, since having my son, I've had regular cycles (I never ovulated previously) and my consultant seems to think my fertility may have returned to some degree, so never say never!

With regards to how long to wait between cycles; I think it depends on whether you're treatment is funded. Most clinics advise you to wait to have at least one or two periods. However, if your funded by the NHS; it's 6 months between fresh cycles. We waited 6 months, which felt like a lifetime but in hindsight, the break did me good physically and emotionally. I actually found out I was pregnant a few days before my first baby should have been due so it was definitely a bittersweet moment.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately for me the saga continues. Went for a scan yesterday to be told everything was still there :(. Was given the three options and opted for some medical management. Had the tablets and painkillers and have to go back in 3 weeks for a scan to check all is clear.

Spoke to my clinic and they said 2 cycles, so that is something at least. Am just very very drained now.

Hugs to everyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->