Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks. What to expect?

Simplemom246

Reaction score
This is my 4th pregnancy, but my first miscarriage. I was spotting two days ago and went in yesterday for an ultrasound and there was no heartbeat.😞Baby was measuring 6w4d. I've cried since yesterday and I just want this to be over. I'm spotting off and on with no cramps. How long is this going to take? Did anyone have spotting before the miscarriage? I know everyone is different, but for those who had spotting first, when did your miscarriage start? I don't want to leave the house.

So sorry hun. I had a MC over 2 years ago. Had brown spotting just over 10 weeks. Had scan next day with no heartbeat. Baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks something. Red spotting started that day. Spotting got heavier over next couple of days. 5 days after first spotting heavy bleeding started and lasted all day. After that it returned to heavy period like bleeding. I had retained tissue so the bleeding lasted quite a few weeks for me but after the first week it was fairly light. That is just my experience as something to compare to. Everyone is different.

Thank you! I'm just numb right now. I did get the week off work but honestly I never want to go back and explain what happened. I'm still just having brown/pink spotting with no cramps really. I have a strange empty feeling but I don't know if that's just because I'm sad or what. I sort of feel like I will start my period soon but no cramps. Thank you for your reply. I just don't know what to expect. And waiting is so hard.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Almost 3 years ago I had a mmc which I left to "resolve naturally". I went for a reassurance scan at 9w5d thinking everything was fine (I'd no symptoms of a MC and still had pregnancy symptoms) only to find out baby had stopped growing at 8w3d. It took almost 3 weeks for my body to realise Id lost the baby and for me to naturally miscarry, about 4 or 5 days after I started spotting. I had one day of heavy bleeding and intense cramps during which I passed the sack followed by about 2 weeks of bleeding and spotting which was just like a drawn out period.

I hope you are doing okay, thinking of you.

Sorry for your loss. �� Today I started having more cramping and heavier bleeding and tonight I felt a pop and gush and sat on the toilet. Lots of fluid and clots. I had almost 2 weeks of spotting before this. Just ready for it to be over.

I just started miscarrying. Cramps are pretty bad and feel like labor pains with sharp stabbing. Just ready for it to be over.

Just wanted to share my stories to give more insight...

Thinking of you also. I am also currently going through a miscarriage. I had a miscarriage in the fall of 2017 when we weren't actively trying to conceive. I passed this one naturally, I started spotting in the afternoon of day 1, and passed the baby in the afternoon of day 2. I had bleeding for 7-10 days after. My cycle returned right on time & back to normal. We decided to start trying for baby #2 in April - fell pregnant the first month. I started having significant cramping over the weekend and went in to the doctor at 6 weeks 3 days. Per ultrasound, a sac was present, nothing further, but everything was "breaking apart" with significant bleeding noted in my uterus. The doctor gave us the choice of passing it naturally or a d&c. We opted for the d&c at this time. With me not even bleeding yet, and my cervix still being closed, it could have taken me weeks to pass it, and for my mental & emotional well being I could not do that. I had the d&c yesterday afternoon. I will be honest, it was not bad at all. Quick procedure, minimal bleeding already by yesterday evening. Having been through both, I would choose a d&c over ever wanting to pass it naturally again. For me it is all about my emotional stability. The thought of waiting for days, maybe weeks I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

My thoughts & prayers are with you. I feel your pain, and remember to lean on your husband/significant other & family for support. You are not alone in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->