Missed miscarriage

Kayls25

Reaction score
Hi all have read a few of the posts on here recently which have been very helpful but finally decided to join up so I can ask specific things and give and receive help. I was 10 weeks pregnant and last weds I started bleeding heavily. Had to wait till the Monday to have a scan and found out that the baby had died at 7 weeks so we were devastated. But it was classed as a missed misscarrage so I was given a pill on the Monday and went back on the Wednesday to have a pessary and then more pills at home. Firstly iv never felt so much pain as I did on Wednesday evening. It them subsided to very strong period pains but it's now Saturday and am still having a lot of pains. Has anyone else had the same thing? And how long should or did it last? Many thanks kayls.

So sorry for your loss. I had d&c after mmc so can't really offer much advice but I'm sure someone else will be able to help. I have had 2 other natural mc at 6 weeks and bled for 5 days with each

So sorry for your loss *hugs*

I had a mmc around the same time/way as yours, I did have a d&c the next day but the night before once I had stopped taking the progesterone supplement the cramps and pain started. Mine lasted all through the night until the op, I took painkillers to help a bit but they really just took the edge off. I am not sure how long the pain lasts but maybe it is a good idea to phone your doc and find out?

Good luck and loads of healing vibes

I was in a similar situation to you in June. I had the first lot of tablets on the Thursday then was due for the pessary on the sat. My bleeding started on the Friday and I passed huge clots and an enormous ammount of blood. I also agree it was sooo painful, they in no way prepare you for how bad it is. They decided to give me the pessary anyway the next day as didn't think I'd passed it all, this started the pain off all over again, it then subsided to period like cramps for about a week afterward. Sorry for your loss Hun. X

i had a miscarriage at 10 weeks too and needed a pessary, the first day was painful but it started to ease once I passes all the products, then the blleding starting reducing as did the pain. it might be worthwhile talking to a nurse on the EPU for more info

I had a Miscarriage, I had pains for about 3 to 4 days afterward.:( at first they were every few minutes then they got less and less. baths seemed to help me although I am not sure if it was for which pain,the lost or the cramps.... But I got pregnant a few months latter so don't lose hope. I wish you the best

Hi Sorry for your loss hun. I had my first pregnancy in March and had a MMC at 6 weeks. Took the pills and pass huge clots and a lot of blood. The pain was very grim. They felt like proper contractions coming and going. Pain eased the next day but bled for a week after.
not pleasant at all and pray i never go through it again.

Huge hugs hun x

so sorry for your loss hon

I had a mmc - found out at 9 weeks but didnt actually miscarry until 12 weeks after having one tablet and no pessaries - the contracttions were bad and I get the whole "push into your bottom" thing now - as soon as I'd passed the sac and placenta (which had carried on growing to 12 weeks size) the pain stopped immediately. Have you contacted your epac re still being in pain? I bled for 3 weeks afterwqards

(sorry for my typing my eyes are messed up at the mo)

big hugs

So sorry for your loss. With my first miscarriage it was a blighted ovum. I tried to wait and let it happen naturally but after a month of spotting and cramps had a D&C. There was no further pain or bleeding after the procedure and my mood lifted a lot right after. Not sure if they gave me something or not that facilitated that, or if it was just the relief of having it finally be over. My second miscarriage never developed a sac and was deemed a "chemical pregnancy" but I was put on progesterone while that was being determined and even after taking the tablets only had a minor bleed- 1 hour. I continued to spot and cramp for 2 months after because the doctor insisted it was over and a D&C would be damaging to my reproductive chances due to risk of scarring. It finally passed with a large clot and bad cramps after 2 months. I then resumed normal periods and felt the miscarriage was "complete," which I did not feel after taking the pills. Today, I was told that my 9 week 3 day fetus has no heartbeat. I requested a D&C so they can do genetic testing, and so I don't have to have the experience be protracted and painful again. If you are in pain for a prolonged period of time, I recommend getting very pushy and seeing another doctor or going to the emergency room. I think it is sometimes hard for doctors to realize how traumatic a miscarriage is, so they downplay the process to us. Take care of yourself and be an advocate for you own well being. There is no reason why you should have to suffer additional needless emotional and physical pain. I wish you peace and healing and send blessings to your lost little one.

i have had 4 misscarages and 3 of them i had at home and yes it hurts like hell, but they was all different, one i have pain for about a week and one only lasted an eveining, the last one i was only 6 weeks pregnant and wasnt as bad as the other 2, but the d&c was worse, x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->