mixed jars and meats

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
For people who weaned earlier.. when did you give you lo's meat jars and mixed fruite etc... I know the fars it says 6 months, but if you weaned earlier did you start other things earlier???

She still has lots to try of single things, so im in no rush... just wondering.

yogurt too? what kind did you give?

Well we weaned around the six month mark, though she did have the one meal a day for 3.5 months on. I tried the mixed jars after she had had all the stage ones, plus some of the purees I made. A lot of those (mixed meats at least) are pretty thick so make sure she's good at chewing before giving is my advice :)

Yogurt we just bought plain yogurt, 3% I believe as it was the highest fat content we could find. I do believe they make baby yogurts though I didn't see any at No Frills

Its confusing when people say they weaned at 6 months, but gave their baby stuff before... what do you mean by at 6 months?

I thought giving them food was weaning... which is what im starting now... rrice cereal etc...

I guess it is, I don't know :rofl: I counted weaning when I started her full on three meals a day and cut out some of her milk. I didn't really give her much but oatmeal for a month and a half (the odd tastes here and there).

I'm intersted to hear what people have to say cuz I was wondering about this yesterday at the store.

I saw baby yogurt at one of the stores yesterday can't remember the brand though may try and have a look next time

The really confusing thing is I was talking to my mom and I mentioned that Hannah is "fully weaned" and she took it to mean that I'd cut out all bottles! :wacko: :rofl:

lol... so was hannah 6 months when you gave mixed jars??

I started giving them a week ago or so I think, so 6.5 months. Before that I was still working my way through all of the stage ones. I did stage ones for a month plus some purees, and than did some mixed fruit jars, and Sunday gave her a meat jar which she loved, but it is quite thick. The fruit ones aren't so bad (more of a puree). As long as Jasmine's had at least the majority of the ingredients in the jar than I wouldn't see a problem with it (if she hasn't had one ingredient and has an allergic reaction you would know what caused it).

I wasn't planning on giving them for awhile yet... I was just wondering :) Thanks :)

I'd say a month after we started the three meals a day we moved on to mixed jars. I have found they helped, Hannah got bored of the Stage ones pretty quickly ;)

I gave max baby oatmeal at 2 1/2 months
3 months fruits and veg jars
4 months yogurt (minigo's or lil ones )
5 months pastas
6 months meat ( chicken, turkey , veal , beef ) cows milk
7 months meat (pork, roast beef )cows milk
8 months now eating everything in site ..having sheppards pie for supper tonight

I cant wait until she eats my food... Since my oh is on midnights we dont get to sit down and eat together, so I dont cook real dinners... but it will be nice when I have someone else to cook for again.

Yeah its getting fun now as I can sit down with max when hubby works late and we eat and have a great convo lol

:hissy: Hannah's in bed before we eat! But on Sunday's we try to do an early dinner/late lunch type thing so she eats a snack while we eat

7 the kid is ready for bed for the night by 6:30 at the latest :dohh: she eats her dinner around 5, than bath, play/book, bottle and bed. such a morning baby :rofl:

I think you have to be careful with the meat jars because aren't meats hard to digest? I dunno, but I'd ask your dr or someone first really becauase you're weaning quite early. Although, as you said, you're not gonna do it right now.

And Alasdair was in bed at 5.50 tonight. So there's no way we'd be eating with him (even if my OH was at home). It's progress though, he was going to bed at 5.15 at one point :dohh:

I think you have to be careful with the meat jars because aren't meats hard to digest? I dunno, but I'd ask your dr or someone first really becauase you're weaning quite early. Although, as you said, you're not gonna do it right now.

And Alasdair was in bed at 5.50 tonight. So there's no way we'd be eating with him (even if my OH was at home). It's progress though, he was going to bed at 5.15 at one point :dohh:

Hannah would go to bed that early if we let her!! :rofl: It's a struggle to keep her awake until 6:30

wow they go to bed really early! Jasmine is still sometimes wide awake at 8 when I put her down, luckily she goes to sleep lol. She barely naps in the day too and wakes up in that morning at 6 or 7... I cant see her going to bed at 5 or 6 any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->