how big can it swell after a injection?
Harley had 2 jabs Yesterday MMR and pneumenococcol
one of them has swelled up and is rock solid to touch
Harley in himself is fine but just want reasured that its normal
https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/dionne1985/9.jpg
https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/dionne1985/9-1.jpg
this pic aint clear but gives an idea of the size - it is bright red
https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/dionne1985/9-2.jpg

It looks like a reaction at the injection site. If he's happy in himself at the mo, leave it for now, then ring docs, on Mon for advice, if u r concerned tho phone NHS direct.

Did nurse give u info leaflets when Harley had his jab, maybe it says something in there. Also if u check red book it should say which jab he had in which arm.

He seems happy in himself, I was told if it got bigger than a 50 pence piece then to contact them
Being hard to the touch is a normal thing
If you get worried at all take him to docs

thanks girls put my mind at rest a little :)

its nearly the size of a 50p but he dont flinch when i touvh it nothing and he is very happy.

will see how it goes

cheers girl:hugs:

think i just wored myself up a little with all the "mmr talk"

awww bless him it looks sore :hugs::hugs:

how old is harley now? im just wondering when Colby will get her mmr
had to cancel her 3rd pneumenococcol because she was unwell and her 4th hib and Mc jabs aswell so not sure when she will get them again but i thought they only got 2 of they pneumenococcol jabs if they are under 2 years old but when i questioned the HV she says its 3 now :wacko:

i was told 2 pneumenococcol

he had 2 jabs a few months apart i thought that was it but yesterday she said he was also going to have pneumenococcol with his mmr

they have the mmr at 13months

Harley was 1 in april

colby will be 15 months on the 21st of this month so maybe she was supposed to get her mmr with her pneumenococcol 3 weeks ago when i had to cancel it :( will ring them on monday to see if they can get her an appointment as soon as

yeah give them a call

heres a list https://www.immunisation.org.uk/article.php?id=97

Frankies thighs were like this after her jabs, lasted three weeks.

Dionne rebecca had 2 jabs too when she got her mmr-it was the pneumococcal 2nd I think.

Looking back its pretty cruel, they done each arm at the same time.

Poor Harley looks so sweet, Id of been concerned too, but like Jo says, I was told if bigger than 50p then fone.

Hope he is ok xxx

Ella's thigh was like this after hers too, I rang nhs direct and they just aaid to put ice on it and she was fine. I took pics of Ella's when she was in the bath too lol, I found it went worse and redder when she was in the bath becuase of the heat xxx

Holly has just had hers done and it is massive and really red looking and rock solid... have rang nhs direct and they only dealing with swine flu and emergency (i don't think it would be classed as an emergency) and can't get through to my gp and waiting for hv to get back to me. have been a bit concerned as she has been vomiting all night and not sure if this is to do with the jab?

Can you ring NHS direct mrs R? (they cant just say no surely?)
edit, just read it, duhhhh

I would call the docs, its probably fine, since Dionnes baby had something similar in the first pic.

i rang them they saying they only dealing with swine flu and serious conditions! i was googling info cause can't get hold of anyone and one link sent me to this post

I cant believe they wont help you because swine flu is more 'important'
thats stupid, what if it was really serious?
I would try and call them again. have you called your docs since?
xx

omg just got hold of my surgery they saying they having problems and not taking patients! and referred me to out of hour service. they saying i have to go to the local hospital i just want some advice aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

can you get to the hospital ok? If you are concerned I would take her. Mothers instinct and all that.
xxx

just rang the out of hours again and asked if a doctor could ring me back as although she has been sick and her arm is swollen she is happy enough playing and has no fever.. if he thinks it would be an idea to see her i will take her up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->