Mobile Phone

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
DS is 8, turns 9 in July.

Now, he has used tablets in the past just to play games on, watch YouTube. I feel as though a cheap tablet will not be useful to him now as he is getting older.

DD who is 6 has an amazon fire 7 but again its only to play games on with her cousin.

My mindset is, why spend over £100/£200 on a better tablet when I can get a decent mobile for £100? The mobile will not have a sim in so there is no problem that way. He knows he cannot download apps such as instagram tiktok twitter etc... so again that is not a worry for me. I would download him WhatsApp, add our families numbers for him and thats it, the sim will be in my mobile (dual sim) so WhatsApp will still work on his phone, and he can play his games and do his school work via the app on there.

I am thinking this way he can keep a phone for a good few years and when it is time to give him the sim (for high school) he can use the phone he has instead of buying an expensive tablet now and then in a few years an expensive mobile.

What do you all think?

Go for it! Our son is 9 and has one of my husbands old mobile phones (I say old, its one of the Samsung notes so quite decent). No sim, we haven't put WhatsApp on as he would spam us endlessly. Absolutely no social media but he wouldn't know where to begin.

Basically its just games and YouTube kids but he feels so grown up haha

You can use a phone without a sim.

My 14yr old has a phone with no sim and shes able to get on the internet (wifi only), make calls, get texts, get apps, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->