moby wraps and spine development

redpoppy

Reaction score
after weeks with sleep (napping) issues my baby only sleeps in her moby wrap now and its great as she's finally getting the amount of sleep she needs.

however since she's napping around 6 hours a day (thank God!) i worry about her spine development. She's in the facing me hold and looks as cute as a button but her spine is obviously curled up.

any thoughts? comments? research articles?

:flower:

Maybe you should try a different carry? Im not sure if the spine is meant to be curled up in any hold :shrug: ??

I always have Karma in this carry with her arms tucked in and head to the side and her back is always straight and body is flat against mine

https://wrapababy.com/baby-wearing-wrapping-instructions/front-wrap-cross-carry/4/

Have a play arouind and maybe try find something that looks a bit straighter? :) xx

Hey Redpoppy
Great to hear you're getting your nap times sussed!

Miles is asleep in his moby as I type in the newborn hug hold! (whatever would dr weiswhatsit say to us??!!) :haha: his spine doesn't seem to be too curled and he's not usually in their for more than a couple of hours at a time so I don't think it matters too much...

You could always try the hug hold (i know it says from 12 weeks but if you tuck their heads into the side pouch once they are asleep so their heads are supported I think it's ok) - you may find your little one wont like this as much tho -think they love the newborn hug hold as it reminds them of the womb.

I use a variety of wraps and his spine isnt "bent" in them, sometimes a woven wrap can give more support for longer periods of time though?
One of my FAVORITE carries right now is the tibetan back carry with his cheek resting against my neck, he LOVES being there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->