Momma's Midget is here and beautiful and -finally- totally healthy!!

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
So, my due date was April 30th.

Lyla Elizabeth Havens made her appearance at 8:24pm March 30th. She was 4lbs9.7oz, and 18.5inches long. Pitch black wavy hair, black-blue eyes. She's absolutely gorgeous!

I have officially the best birth story ever though. Wait til all you lovely ladies read this! Sorry for the length, but it's just an awesome story.

As many of you know I have been fighting preterm labor for 6 weeks. Contractions daily, but was on meds to battle it. Which weren't working (obviously lol)

Monday and Tuesday my contractions starting getting stronger, but were bearable so my doctor just said to keep an eye on them. Tuesday we went to the hospital finally cuz I wasn't able to hold still through them. I was starting to tear up and 'keen' through them. I was still dialated to 3cm (like I have been for the past 3 weeks). They sent me home at 1am Thursday morning and told me to take tylenol 3 to deal with the pain. So didn't help lol.

My mom came over for a bit, and I was curled up on the couch. Kept telling her "I don't want to do this anymore." She told me to just wait til it was the real thing. It was gonna get worse. At that point I decided I wasn't doing it natural anymore, if it was gonna get worse, I wanted the drugs. Ha!

My mom left, after about an hour, I was in even more pain. Screaming through them. I had left the hospital with them being about 4-5 minutes apart and lasting 90 seconds. They said to come back if they got closer and stronger. They got stronger for sure, but spread out more. So we called my doctor, she told OH if I was in that much pain to take me in. They would probably send me home, but to go in.

OH continued timing them, and they went from 6 mins apart to 1 min apart in about 10 minutes, and I was crying and screaming. I told OH something didn't feel right, I was hurting so badly, and something squishy was slipping out of me. I was startin to think I was gonna have another angelbaby. OH scooped me up, put me in the car, called my mom to tell her we were going to the hospital, and raced into the next city to the hospital. I was screaming all the way there through contractions, and then something was burning 'down there' iykwim. Told OH baby was coming. He told me to put my legs together and not push. ...freaking men...

I tried. lol

He called my mom and told her to come to the hospital. She left not 5 minutes after we did, they live only blocks from us.

6 blocks from the hospital, my water broke.

OH raced me through the hospital (still screaming haha), up the elevator and into triage, which is the ER for maternity. They told me to get into a hospital gown. I told them "no, baby is coming." They said "we know sweetie but you gotta get into a gown." I said "no, baby is coming NOW!" They were like "alright alright let the nurse check we'll see."

Baby was past crowning.

They rolled me 200 yards to labor and delivery. Right outside the door, I screamed again when something pressed out. 10 nurses a pediatrician and 3 doctors raced in. They helped me stand up in the wheelchair, to pull my sweats down. I stumbled slightly, and sat back down. It felt like I sat on her, and I shot to my feet. OH had my arm holding me up and one side of my sweats, nurse had the other side. They started to pull them down, got them to just above my knees, and OH's hand shot between my legs. Baby's head and shoulders were in his hand, and he had an utter look of shock on his face.

Active labor was an hour and a half (roughly), delivery from the time my water broke to the time she was being weighed and measured, was 20 minutes.

I was released on Friday, she was released Monday night. There was a bit of trouble with her eating, She went down to 4lbs4.8oz, but has started to gain again, and is improving quickly.

My Midget is happy and healthy and headed the right direction. Our only problem is our lack of preemie clothes! lol. Even some preemie clothes are too big...

https://i52.tinypic.com/2n8qurs.jpg

https://i52.tinypic.com/1z39b7l.jpg

https://i52.tinypic.com/anifd.jpg

https://i55.tinypic.com/552luq.jpg

what a story indeed!!

congrats x

Aww lovely !! Your OH has a story to tell in the pub now :haha:

Congratualtions, she's beautiful with a beautiful name :kiss:

Wow, amazing story!! Congratulations, she is beautiful!

Holy cow! I would have been terrified! Gorgeous baby though :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->