Mom's Mental Illness (long)

punkrockmama

Reaction score
I posted something like this before....I don't know how to get out of this or if I should....my mom is really sick and untreated ( I think anyways, I moved away) She used me as a kid to try to pick up men places keeping me out of school and telling me to tell my teachers I was sick, tried to commit suicide when I was 10 that put me in a foster home for awhile and tried to get my dad in trouble numerous of times (apparently raping me, murdering someone else so on)...my dad stayed with her until she cheated and basically lived with the guy when I was 19...my dad is AWESOME...he lives in the same city and has an awesome wife now...he only stayed with her because he knew he'd never see me again if he didn't. She used him for money pretty much, millwright money which isn't a lot but very well earned saying that she needed to go out of town because my aunt got killed by her boyfriend, my half brother and nephew got killed in a car crash...my grandma died of old age....well...my aunt is my facebook friend, my grandma did die..several years after she said she did (actually very happy my hubby got to meet her before she went) and my brother and nephew seem to have a facebook page (I'm not ready to contact them, they HATE my mom and I just don't wanna be shot down right now)...her mental illness and her lies are starting to come more and more out there now that I'm older.

Now, I'm not crazy...everything that happened in my childhood (and that's the icecube of the iceberg) has made me able to deal well with all of life's situations and a very strong person....recently, I had a baby boy with my hubby...yes it's been a struggle with his new job working a lot but we're still over the moon....my mom seems to be fine one second, then FLIP OUT another.....I don't wanna deal with this anymore.. she basically wanted to abandon me the first week I had him home.....I'm guessing she was jealous that I wasn't texting her often:shrug: I wanted him in her life..but now I don't....the shit that she has put me through and being jealous of an infant? (which apparently, she's a very proud grandma) I'm done...the only reason I'm keeping her at bay is because I don't want her too off herself (she's still my mom) and I don't want her making some wild claim against me or my hubby about us or being parents...again shes at least 1000 miles away but this woman loves sympathy and it's come to the point where it's extremely toxic. I don't want social workers coming over for no reason and asking Oz ( I know he's not old enough now but down the line) silly frigging questions like they did with me. :nope: WHAT DO I DO GUYS?!:dohh:

Wow. I'm so sorry you have been through so much. I would completely cut ties with her, as difficult as that may be. She does sound toxic, and if you're worried about her God forbid trying to get social services involved, then I really think you need to cut her out of your life...for your sake, and for your child's sake.

I can't imagine having my mother act that way, and I feel so sad for you. You are very strong...to have gotten through so much in life.

Have you thought of maybe getting into counseling women with issues from their childhood? You could really be an inspiration and encouragement to other women. Massive :hugs:

Well I cut ties with her today...I hope she doesn't go off the deep end and put in false reports and what not. thank you for your kind words :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->