Mom's who breastfed for a year...what kind of milk did you switch baby to?

fashionlover

Reaction score
Just curious? I have heard that Goats milk is the closest thing to human milk as far as taste goes. I am pretty sure I am going to stop Breast Feeding my baby when she turns 1 in July. I am wondering what some of you ladies started feeding your babies when you stopped?

It was gradual for us.

DS has had cows milk (the usual for us bc DH is obsessed and i use it to cook) but occasionally he asks for special milk - coconut mainly.

He has tried cows, coconut, and soy. He prefers cows, and we sometimes get coconut as a treat - it is too expensive to get all the time the way we use milk.

:)

I use goats milk all the time. I dont buy cows milk/products so lo1 naturally went on to have that too. Yes its much closer to breastmilk and easily digested.

I tried to introduce cows milk, but he wouldn't take it. Soy was a no go as well, so he doesn't have any milk at all now. He loves yoghurt and cheese though. I hadn't considered goats milk, might give it a try :)

cows milk :) She would have homo milk at daycare, and bf'd when at home.

I will edit to add: she didn't love the cows milk, and it took awhile to get her on homo, she much preferred the 2%. And now at age 3 likes chocolate milk BAHAHAHA

My daughter is nearly 27 months old and to date my milk is the only kind she has

My daughter is nearly 27 months old and to date my milk is the only kind she has

Mine too, but hardly relevant to the OP's question...

I don't know anyone who has switched to anything but cow's milk. Actually one of my friends does almond milk too. I think that would be a good choice.

Formula from 11 months and Cow's milk from 12. I bf'd in the morning and night until 15 months so I suppose I did it a little gradually but I pretty much went straight in with the formula and cow's milk in the day time x

Cows and breast from 9 months as DS refused formula (understandably!). Full cows at 11 months.

Nothing. We tried and tried and tried with DD to introduce cows milk in some form (to the point of even trying milkshake) or formula in some form but she just refused and refused. When my milk started drying as I was pregnant with #2 I just started increasing the amount of diary food she had a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->