• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moms with/had anterior placenta

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
How long until you felt good movement. It was confirmed at my 20 week scan that I have anterior placenta. I felt great movement with DS #1 by now and all I have had are little thumps. He is also breach at the moment so I don't know if that will have any affect on what I feel.

I'm 2 days away from being 20 weeks and I haven't felt a thing yet...they told me I had an anterior placenta at my 12 week scan and said I may not feel anything til 22/23 weeks. Have had a few checkups in the meantime and each time heartbeat has been nice and strong so I'm just staying relaxed and looking forward to the day when I do feel something!

I have one this time. I didn't feel like good, stronger movement until like 22+ weeks. Now at 25 weeks, I'm feeling hard rolls and thuds!

I had an anterior placenta with DS1 and I remember feeling consistent movements around 23-24 weeks!

Thanks ladies. I know all is ok in their but I loved feeling my son move and didn't want to miss out on it this time.

I'm 21.5 weeks with an anterior placenta and I'm still just getting little taps and flutters, but it's gradually increasing. My OB isn't worried at all yet, and whenever we do an ultrasound she's very wriggly in there. It was pretty much the same with my first baby, I had an anterior placenta with her as well (plus I'm on the big side myself) and I didn't really get obvious movement until around 23-24 weeks, despite her doing backflips on the ultrasounds.

I had posterior placenta with my first son, and now anterior placenta with my second. It's crazy what a difference it can make!!
With my first, I felt movement from 15 weeks to the day (externally - against my hand - if my husband hadn't felt it then I would have dismissed it). I then felt the movement internally from 16 weeks, again to the day, and it just kept getting stronger and more frequent from there.
This time... I still felt first little "kicks" just after 16 weeks, but it was much less obvious, and less frequent. Now at almost 25 weeks, I feel obvious kicks/movement everyday, but nowhere near the consistency I was feeling it with my first. Some days, as recent as this week, I can realise I've got 3/4 of the way through the day and havent felt him - but then he'll make himself known in the afternoon/evening.
So different to my first at this point, who I'd feel at least once every 1-2 hours. It makes me nervous about when they start telling us to monitor movement, as I just don't feel its ever going to be as consistent this time.

I have an anterior placenta this time as well and noticed a huge difference! I felt a few strong movements early on then nothing forba while other then random movements here and there. Maybe the last month if that I have started to feel more consistent movements and at least a little bit of a pattern though I wouldn't say the pattern is always consistent. My OB said to feel for movement each day and that is fine, if I feel like I don't feel anything to call and they'd have me come by for piece of mind. You can ask yours about it and maybe they will offer that? I wouldn't worry to much though.

I had an anterior placenta with #1 and felt movement at 18 weeks. It honestly was never very strong, all the way to the end!

Anterior again this time, and I'm 16 weeks with still no movement.

Also it helps to keep in mind that with second or later babies, they have more room to move in there as your uterus is 'pre-stretched' as my doctor put it, so it can take a bit longer for those little hands and feet to make any impact.

Have anterior this time but started feeling flutters at 16ish weeks but proper definite kicks at 20 weeks. Nearly 23 weeks now and last night DD and OH were able to feel kicks too.

I have had an anterior placenta with all my pregnancies, so cannot compare, but at 17 weeks, still nothing yet. I never felt strong movement until 24 weeks, before that a flutter here and there.

19 weeks and barely feel any movement (anterior as well). I feel a thump or two a day and that's about it. With DS (with posterior placenta) I felt him all the time by the time I was 20 weeks, but I was told to wait another month or so for proper movements. I just can't wait to start feeling her so I know she's alright in there (I'm a huge worrier after having multiple miscarriages beforehand)

Dr said I had an anterior placenta too. Like time isn't going by slow enough....I just want to feel movement!!!

I had an anterior placenta with dd1 and have one with this baby. Had a posterior placenta with dd2. The difference was insane. I was feeling kicks so clearly both inside and out at this stage (18 weeks with dd2). I do feel movement with this baby and have done for a few weeks but it is so faint in comparison. The movements are still very low down as my placenta basically runs right across the front of my stomach in line with belly button so I feel nothing at all there. I can only really feel her moving if I lie on my stomach or on my side with my legs up. Definitely makes a huge difference x

I had it with my daughter and then not with twins but now pretty sure again with this girl too lol..15 weeks and nothing definite yet..but even with my daughter I felt her a bit by now...I have doppler so not worried just wish I could feel her..also wondering if my 2 previous sections could have caused my nerves to not be so sensitive because my section scars aren't as sensitive in outside so maybe same across uterus on inside?

I've a sneaky suspicion that this pregnancy has an anterior placenta . As I only feel movements very low on my csec scar or at the very top . Yet when I listen with my doppler it's like baby is playing the drums in there it's so noisy with movements :haha::cloud9:

1st- 20 weeks
2nd- 21 weeks
3rd- 14 weeks (although I'd felt her for about a week before that, but wasn't sure as they were more flutters)

Same as other ladies... my first was an anterior and i didn't start getting strong kicks until around 22 weeks bit with my second now he's a posterior and i felt movement by 16 weeks.

Lol, glad its not just me getting impatient! I know all is well as I have a doppler also. Its just so odd to me to not feel anything at 21 weeks except little thumps. I might feel something once or twice a day but thats it. I felt flutters at 12/13 weeks so I was really looking forward to the big movements. Maybe it will get better and I won't be one of the ones that never gets good movement feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->