Money matters

P

PixieKitty

We've finally got all the benefits coming through (I think, not sure on CTC but I know IS and CB is definitely coming through) and everything's been backdated. Unfortunately that means my mums money's stopped, so her income's dropped big time.
We origionally gave her £160 every 4 weeks, as we had very little income, and payed for our own food etc. Now we're giving her £400 a month... aswell as the food... and have ended up in the same financial situation as when we had nothing coming through!
Should we just move out and get our own place? I mean I know we'd have to pay other things like Gas, Electric etc... but our income's that low that we'd qualify for Housing Benefit, which would help tonnes. And, Dan can apply for WTC, which he can't at the moment 'cause we're not living together. We'd probably lose IS (not sure on that though as I'm registered disabled) but we'd still be getting the rest, which I'm quite sure would be enough to live on, AND we'd get the added bonus of living together properly, and she's offered to have Jack for some weekends to give us a break, impossible to get at the moment as we live with her... well, I do, Dan comes round but has to be at his mums the majority of the week due to laws etc.
What should I do? Stay here or get a deposit saved and move out?

I should add, once I move, Mum's income drops so she'll qualify for full HB and will be better off financially than she is now.

you would loose some benefits if hes claimin WTC doesnt matter if you are on DLA for disability... I am on it and they still take into account if my OH had WTC etc...so we couldnt claim IS. I know they say DLA is your money for you but unfortunately the government are twats and will take ALL your benfits and ALL your partners money into account when sorting out HB etc etc etc...

If you get on the counci llist and claim over crowding etc etc you should get somewhere fairly soon....if you wanna go private be warned alot of ppl wil not take on DHS ....diability allowance included... It took us a yr to find this flat as they were the only landlords willing to touch us cos we were on benefits.... the rent here is 450 a month but wepay the 50....400 goes on HB

good luck tho!

If it will work better for you then you should think about moving out. Theres no point is seeing yourself struggle hun :)

def sounds like you would be better off all round hun xx

would reccomend making an appointment at yr local housing office for some advice..

so private estate agents work alongside the local authority to assist those on benefits into rented accomadation..

good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->