Money stress already *sigh*

xloulabellex

Mummy to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
Already feeling the stress of money.. just thinking about stuff, working stuff out with OH via text..

He'll be paying majority of things himself, my maternity pay is crap..

I'm scared that if I wanna go out and do anything once in a blue moon (like cinema, or out for coffee etc) then i'll feel guilty whilst he pays for most the bills..

But I doubt HE'LL be able to go out and do much since our bills = about 95% of HIS wages...

Gah

Money should really grow on trees...

amen to that ! If only things could be simpler.
I always have the worry of money so i totally get were you are coming from though i have a different situation as i pay for all the stuff i buy myself as i am no longer with FOB but i feel super guilty when i buy myself something as i think i shouldn't be spending this money on myself but honestly you shouldn't feel bad at all, you are entitled to go out and treat yourself now and then and you shouldn't feel bad because OH is paying for, that's what men are there for to spoil us:haha:.

You shouldn't beat yourself up about it and just enjoy yourself and stop feeling guilty all us momma's need a little mummy time sometimes:hugs:

amen to that ! If only things could be simpler.
I always have the worry of money so i totally get were you are coming from though i have a different situation as i pay for all the stuff i buy myself as i am no longer with FOB but i feel super guilty when i buy myself something as i think i shouldn't be spending this money on myself but honestly you shouldn't feel bad at all, you are entitled to go out and treat yourself now and then and you shouldn't feel bad because DH is paying for, that's what men are there for to spoil us:haha:.

You shouldn't beat yourself up about it and just enjoy yourself and stop feeling guilty all us momma's need a little mummy time sometimes:hugs:

haha very true!! I told him I didn't want him to resent us when he's stressed out about money/bills.. he said he could never resent us as he loves us both (awwwww) hehe!!

Mummy time is deffo deserved I think!!

Snap! I feel really guilty askin for money
Want that money tree !

This is exactly why I'm planning to go back to work after baby is born - well, not immediately, but after maternity leave. Hubby and I figured out all the finances before we started ttc, and we can afford it all on just his salary. However, I hate the thought of having to ask him for money if I want to go out for dinner with my friends, or buy a pair of shoes or something. I really want to have some of my own money, so will go back to work, even if only maybe part time - haven't decided yet!

This is exactly why I'm planning to go back to work after baby is born - well, not immediately, but after maternity leave. Hubby and I figured out all the finances before we started ttc, and we can afford it all on just his salary. However, I hate the thought of having to ask him for money if I want to go out for dinner with my friends, or buy a pair of shoes or something. I really want to have some of my own money, so will go back to work, even if only maybe part time - haven't decided yet!

Yeh, same here! When my maternity leave is up, i'm planning on working 2 days a week as OHs mum has offered to look after Harley so 1)I can have some adult contact lol and 2)ease money issues.

We get child benefit in Ireland (about 130 euros a month until next month's budget); I was planning to put 1/2 in savings for little one and keep the remaining (65 euros, so NOT a fortune) for a little pocket money. I will try and save a little money from my maternity pay, but as I probably won't go back to work (childcare is expensive here, e.g. about 1000 a month! and I work part-time a month anyway and only make 1500!), will try and do some private teaching one-to-one so I have a little pocket money....but I so hate the idea of asking him for money!

best wishes

i feel exactly the same :/
i told him i will give all of my work money to him for bills but i will keep a few pounds spare so i can atleast go out once a month with my bestfriend even if it means just enough for the bus fare into town for a wander as i know he will go see his friends every now again too in the evenings but he said he'd rather we paid everything off and any money left over at the end whether its his or mine we split down the middle, which im going to agree to. we deserve a little us time aswell as them, its exhausting being a mummy too x

we have had huge stress as DH lost his job just before I found out i was pregnant (but after DTD). He still hasn't managed to get a job and looking at the way things are going, there will be even fewer jobs out there. We are now dealing with a debt counselling service who can't justify nursery or even saving for our next baby - so we are really stuck. Fortunately DH was offered a job starting next week until christmas, which is a miracle despite it only being temporary.
Not helped by my mum ranting at me today cause I'm having 9months off - despite me listing many reasons - last time I went back earlier and had post natal depression, and after nursery costs this time I will only bring in £200 a month and my work is in 8 month placements, starting in december

Already feeling the stress of money.. just thinking about stuff, working stuff out with OH via text..

I'm scared that if I wanna go out and do anything once in a blue moon (like cinema, or out for coffee etc) then i'll feel guilty whilst he pays for most the bills..

But I doubt HE'LL be able to go out and do much since our bills = about 95% of HIS wages...

Gah

Are you in the uk? You can get a maternity grant if yours and oh's combined pay is less than £41,250 it's £500 one of payment!

Gah

Are you in the uk? You can get a maternity grant if yours and oh's combined pay is less than £41,250 it's £500 one of payment!

Looking online it says :

Who can get a Sure Start Maternity Grant?

You can get a Sure Start Maternity Grant if you or your partner, receive any of the following on the date you claim:

* Income Support
* income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
* income-related Employment and Support Allowance
* Pension Credit
* Child Tax Credit at a rate higher than the family element
* Working Tax Credit where a disability or severe disability element is included in the award

I don't think we're getting any of those?!

Hmm.. i'll have to look into it x

we have had huge stress as DH lost his job just before I found out i was pregnant (but after DTD). He still hasn't managed to get a job and looking at the way things are going, there will be even fewer jobs out there. We are now dealing with a debt counselling service who can't justify nursery or even saving for our next baby - so we are really stuck. Fortunately DH was offered a job starting next week until christmas, which is a miracle despite it only being temporary.
Not helped by my mum ranting at me today cause I'm having 9months off - despite me listing many reasons - last time I went back earlier and had post natal depression, and after nursery costs this time I will only bring in £200 a month and my work is in 8 month placements, starting in december

I'm soooo happy your DH found a job, even if it IS temp.

Hope things work out for you x

thanks - has provided a bit of temporary relief from money stress. Problem for us is that we don't qualify for any benefits or grants as i earn too much, even though it all gets poured into our debt.
Does anyone know if they take your actual income into account when you are on mat leave (ie 120 week)

thanks - has provided a bit of temporary relief from money stress. Problem for us is that we don't qualify for any benefits or grants as i earn too much, even though it all gets poured into our debt.
Does anyone know if they take your actual income into account when you are on mat leave (ie 120 week)

I would've thought they must - it is your actual income they look at?

Do you take part in the childcare voucher scheme? Generally your employer has to keep these up on your behalf whilst you are on SMP only - maybe allowing you to build some up for when you go back to work? X

Hello,

We're having money stresses too, my OH still has his job but it is in question as his company are very close to going under. So I am saving like crazy at the moment. A very depressing job :nope: . Plus the heating element on our fan oven has just gone & it's going to cost £150 to mend. Not to mention that my car needs mot, service & taxed... Never rains but it pours...

X

yes we do - partly why i ws stressing re money as wanted to keep paying vouchers until i go on mat leave - then i will get 2000quid in childcare for free!

I hear ya...i just looked into the daycare I am interested in sending my baby...it is more than half of what I take home in income each month!!! WHAT???!!!

yes we do - partly why i ws stressing re money as wanted to keep paying vouchers until i go on mat leave - then i will get 2000quid in childcare for free!

Lol, isn't it fab?! Do you know do they keep paying it between 9-12 months when we are unpaid? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->