MonstHer's first time natural hospital birth *updated* post 77 photos

Thanks everyone. :D
I posted my birth story in the appropriate section, for those who care to read it or are curious. : D

What the hell, can this be combined in my other thread rather than moved?
Other people announce their stuff in third tri and it doesn't get moved.
I have a separate birth story thread. This is not fair and is selective on the moderator's end!!!!
Atleast Please add it to the other one so I don't have two threads in the same forum!

Great story well done. She's a gorgeous baby, love her dark hair !

What the hell, can this be combined in my other thread rather than moved?
Other people announce their stuff in third tri and it doesn't get moved.
I have a separate birth story thread. This is not fair and is selective on the moderator's end!!!!
Atleast Please add it to the other one so I don't have two threads in the same forum!

The threads have been merged.

It certainly isn't a case of favoritism. Your thread was noticed and therefore moved to the appropriate forum (Birth Announcements and Birth Stories).

I've updated your original post with a full birth story but am unable to add the pictures unfortunately.

^Thanks for doing that! I didn't want be redundant.

Anyway, thanks ladies!!!

here are some more photos of her at one week old!!!
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• face.jpg
    face.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 16
  • in chair.jpg
    in chair.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 17
  • laying down.jpg
    laying down.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 19
Wow, gorgeous. That last photo looks like alot like you! Love all that hair. She is precious, enjoy every minute, it goes by so quickly. :)

Thanks!
We think it's already grown like a quarter inch past her ears since birth.
At this rate I'll be giving her pigtails by 4 months of age. :haha:
I love her. :cloud9:

Congratulations!! She is beautiful. Alistair also has some jaundice...they didn't put him under the lights but instead are having us supplement with formula in addition to breastmilk (which I wasn't happy with at first but if it gets him better I will do it).

I totally know what you went through as I was 'natural' until 9 cms...I'm very impressed you went totally natural all the way through pushing! :thumbup:

I also got to push in a vertical position with the squatting bar...it didn't help shorten my pushing stage (4 hours) like it did for you though. Either way it felt more empowering and made so much more sense than pushing on your back!

Congratulations!! She is beautiful. Alistair also has some jaundice...they didn't put him under the lights but instead are having us supplement with formula in addition to breastmilk (which I wasn't happy with at first but if it gets him better I will do it).

I totally know what you went through as I was 'natural' until 9 cms...I'm very impressed you went totally natural all the way through pushing! :thumbup:

I also got to push in a vertical position with the squatting bar...it didn't help shorten my pushing stage (3 hours) like it did for you though. Either way it felt more empowering and made so much more sense than pushing on your back!

Hey Allie, sorry took so long to reply.
That's odd about the formula, is he taking bfing well now?
Wonder why they gave him that instead of the lights?
Maybe he's better off that way.
Luna screamed and screamed for probably 9 out of the 12 hours she was under, got slightly dehydrated and managed to lose some weight from the stress of being under the lights. She was cold and hated the mask.
:growlmad: It was the hardest thing ever, not being able to pick her up out from under the lights. I wanted to make her feel better you know?

For a moment I did think about requesting some morphine, but then things happened so fast. haha. :haha: And I didn't want it affecting Luna. I definitely did not want the epidural because I didn't want to remain immobile on the bed, or have a catheter. I have issues entrusting myself in the care of other people. (except my husband) :nope:

The bed was awesome, glad they've made something like that rather then just having the plain old lithotomy position! Especially for those under the epi. 3 hours is quite a long time! Holy hell. You are a real hero.
My pushing was about 10 minutes and I thought I was dying, lol.

Thanks you guys! :happydance:

I just wanted to update with photos.

Luna has gained almost three pounds since regaining back to her birth weight of 6 lbs at her two week appointment! She's now a healthy 8 lbs 11 oz.

She's sleeping. heh heh heh

Attachments

• sleeping 1.jpg
    sleeping 1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 9
  • sleeping 2.jpg
    sleeping 2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts