More brown discharge at 6 weeks, scared!

Oswin

Reaction score
Had a teeny bit of brown discharge and solid when i wiped for a few days, and a couple of spots of red (tiny) at 5 weeks. All very minimal. Then nothing till today at 6 weeks, got brown discharge just when i wipe.
I'm scared.

I would try into to worry, I know it's hard. I've had brown, pink and some rust colored spotting during this pg. I wish I could say that nothing bad will happen, but unfortunately, they sometimes do.
That being say, spotting is VERY common, and as long as it's brown or pink you're probably ok.

Brown is old blood hunny you only need to worry is it's bright red x

Can you get a appt with epac if you're in England.. They could scan you and check all is well and put your mind at rest x

I just wanted to say that I know spotting can be bad, but it isn't always and I'm just another example. In my first pregnancy I spotted brown and red blood, got an early scan at about 6 weeks, confirmed a wee baby and I still spotted right up till about 14 weeks. I KNOW everyone is different, I just wanted to add another story to show it happens and everything turns out well.

Thank you girls. I've got an early scan on Thursday. Had a bit more brown stuff yesterday.

Thanks hun. Brown is old but it still can signal a miscarriage or problems xx

I had brown spotting and some red bleeding in my first pregnancy and I now have a healthy 3 year old. In this pregnancy I had some quite heavy red bleeding around 6 weeks which lasted a day then stopped. I haven't had a scan yet so don't know if everything is ok or not. I'll find out when I have my scan at 12 weeks. Hope everything turns out ok for you :hugs:

Hey hun, congratulations on your little miracle!

I remember having brown discharge in early pregnancy; I went to the doctor who informed me that brown blood is old blood; and that I shouldn't worry about it unless the amount of it increases significantly, or if it turned to be fresh (red) blood.

If you are worried, call your healthcare professional, it's always better to be safe than sorry, even if it's just to ease your worry. That's what they're there for.

Good luck ♥

Hiya,

I'm really interested I hear how you get on with your scan and if you're having any spotting/bleeding now? I'm 5+4wks pregnant, and had an early miscarriage in April this year. This pregnancy I've been really positive and excited so far (only found out a few days ago!) but yesterday I had bright red mixed with dark brown, soaked through a panty liner - I had no idea it was happening!! I've not really been having cramps, a few here and there but no pain as of yet. I've been spotting brown CM overnight and today, and it's gone mega light now. I would be happy that it's subsided, but my miscarriage started exactly the same way, I bled and spotted on and off for 12 days, until I had 5 awful days leading up to my baby passing.

I'll be following this thread, hopefully you'll be fine, and I hope I will too!! No one will see me til I'm 6wks, they won't even do bloods. I have an early scan booked for 6+6wks next Thursday.

Kath xxxx

Hiya,

I'm really interested I hear how you get on with your scan and if you're having any spotting/bleeding now? I'm 5+4wks pregnant, and had an early miscarriage in April this year. This pregnancy I've been really positive and excited so far (only found out a few days ago!) but yesterday I had bright red mixed with dark brown, soaked through a panty liner - I had no idea it was happening!! I've not really been having cramps, a few here and there but no pain as of yet. I've been spotting brown CM overnight and today, and it's gone mega light now. I would be happy that it's subsided, but my miscarriage started exactly the same way, I bled and spotted on and off for 12 days, until I had 5 awful days leading up to my baby passing.

I'll be following this thread, hopefully you'll be fine, and I hope I will too!! No one will see me til I'm 6wks, they won't even do bloods. I have an early scan booked for 6+6wks next Thursday.

Kath xxxx
Hi Kath :hugs: I'm having some brown stringy stuff on and off, and last night i had a little Red cm after a bm... Good luck to us both xx

Hiya,

Mine kinda disappeared last night , but then I did an extra wipe for luck and it had pink/peach on it. Ugh... Today it's really watery light brown. I have no pain really, just the gurgling and churning of my stomach that I would normally have before starting spotting and bleeding. I'm just glad I'm still going for another day! I think each day will be an accomplishment!!!! Xxxxx

I had daily brown discharge with both pregnancies esp 5-9 weeks and with this pregnancy a few days red, particularly after bowel movement so it does happen and can be fine.

I had daily brown discharge with both pregnancies esp 5-9 weeks and with this pregnancy a few days red, particularly after bowel movement so it does happen and can be fine.

Very comforting thank you Pootle!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->