More poo concern!

S

Serene123

Caitlyn is for the most part, breastfed. She has 4 4oz bottles of formula a day, sometimes up to 5 or 6, it was at 7 but she is definately prefering the boob lately. She chops and changes. Anyway, since she has been off the 7oz formula bottles her poo is.. weird.. at first it comes out quite firm and very green, followed by the regular seedy, yellow, mustardy slush! :sick: Is that alright??

ours is bf and her poos, when they do rrive, are like the first poo you described!!! so i'm no help really...?!(well, i upped your thread a bit, lol!)

i googled "green poo" and found a site saying that green poo is usually a warning sign that something is amiss...
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/breastfeeding/greenstools/

Green poo is normal for formula fed babies and it's caused by the iron content in the formula.

i was told it was the sign of bad wind and a tummy upset by my health visitor. my baby has bad wind so it does make sense.

Christine
X

green poo is what formula fed babies have , yellow is breastfed. i find with aptimal formula will also give babies yellow poo as its closest to breast milk.

Ally's poo does that...it was especially noticable when I was giving him bottle then boob then bottle then boob... lately, it's either yellow or green.

Aptimal warn you that their poo will be green, due to the iron an added vitamins and prebiotics or whatever. And the seedy bit is perfectly normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->