Morning Sickness and losing weight- fixes????

Mrs. Burch

Mommy to Bristol
Reaction score
Ok so I have been so sick, every single morning and through out the day. Today for example, I've been sick three times, and when I get sick it's bad. I eat and keep food in my stomach and it doesn't seem to help. I just bought the wrist bands, hoping they help but I have no idea what else to do. Any advice is super appreciated. Thanks gals!!

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I lost 10lbs in the first tri because I was sick 4-8x a day. It was awful and it's starting again with this pregnancy as well. My go to was always mints. I would suck on a mint, then eat something, then pop another mint in my mouth. And they had to be strong mints.

I also ate a lot of water filled fruits like watermelon and oranges. For whatever reason they made me feel a lot better.

I've heard taking a vitamin b6 supplement and a zinc supplement is supposed to help. I'm getting them tomorrow morning bc I refuse to suffer like I did 2.5 years ago!!!

Call your Dr and tell them how bad it is. I didn't think mine was bad, thought it was normal, but dh told her it was bad so she wrote me a couple scripts, and I was solo thankful for them! I got on diclegis and STILL take them to keep from being sick and I'm 20 weeks.

The preggy pops and ginger didn't help me. Drinking water made bit worse, and anything greasy or sugary made me feel so hungover. I lost 20 lbs in the first tri with taking ms meds. But Peanut is well and moving a ton.

Thanks gals, I did call the dr and they said to try Unisom, it is a sleeping pill but holy mosses it worked like a charm last night and so far today. I have gotten sick EVERY morning for over a week and a half and not this am. I even slept better, imagine that lol. I haven't found anything else to help yet but so far the Unisom has been amazing. Not sure if your doctor would recommend it but mine said it is the same as the rx he would give me but cheaper and I am great with that!! Knocking on wood that it continues to help and I don't get sick this afternoon or evening. I was just worried about becoming dehydrated since I do tend to get dehydrated easily. I have been drinking 10-12 glasses of water a day, or getting close. Hope you gals feel better soon and have a wonderful happy and healthy 9 months or whatever is left of your preg.

Glad it worked! Diclegis is actually the active ingredient in inisom and b6. I take it at night to avoid getting drowsey throughout the day.

I was admitted to hospital twice and put on fluid and given stemitil injections the only thing that would help me . I'm suffering with hyperemesis. Keep drinking plenty of fluids even if you don't think it it will help you keep hydrated it will help loads . I asked for medication to take at home and they refused said it was too risky in first tri .

Thanks gals, keyval I am so sorry you are having such a rough time, I hope it gets better for you. I try to drink all day long, sometimes it makes me feel better and sometimes it doesn't.
I think I just have good and bad days, today is another bad day. I wanted to call in sick to work but didn't, I am here but ready to just go home and lay in bed all day. Just feel crummy. Hope you all get better soon or find something that works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->