Morning sickness comes and goes (8 weeks)

babydust92

Reaction score
Hey all,

So this is the first time I've ever reached 8 weeks! My last pregnancy unfortunately ended 3 days after my period was supposed to come (CP). So, throughout this pregnancy I can't help but feel nervous a lot of the time. After week 6 my nerves calmed down loads but with this morning sickness/nausea business I honestly can't help but worry. I guess all I'm hoping for is some reassurance like "That happened to me quite a lot and I now have a healthy baby..." etc.

So, my nausea and morning sickness started around week 5 and it was constant. I would throw up every morning and nausea would follow me like a bad smell for the rest of the day. It got to the point where I couldn't handle hot food and I had to suffer on cold food (not many choices). About a week ago, a few days before my first midwife visit there was a 4 day period where my morning sickness would come and go. For example the first day I threw up a tiny bit (spit size), the second day I didn't throw up at all, the third day I threw up just like the first day and the forth morning (midwife visit) it was just the amount of spit and then my nausea disappeared completely!! Luckily for my nerves about an hour before the midwife was due I ended up gagging constantly and I threw up loads. After that day everything felt like it was back on track. For 5 days I was throwing up loads in the morning and all of my worries were gone.

Today, I woke up with a little nausea but not to the point I had to run downstairs. When I did go to the bathroom nothing happened. I felt a few faint spells of nausea and now it's GONE. For all I know I could wake up tomorrow morning and my MS will come back with a vengeance (hopefully). I don't like morning sickness and it is vile but it's a little reminder of the little one inside me and it means my hcg levels are all good.

Is there anybody who has gone through what I've just described and they ended up giving birth or they are far along?

Comments are appreciated for this worrisome pregnant lady.

I posted something similar yesterday I've been feeling sick all the time but I seem to vomit quite badly every other day!

Worried me as this is my 3rd baby and with my 1st I was sick every single day for 14 weeks and with my 2nd I was sick for 40 weeks, now this one I'm sick every other day, strange lol

Mine came on before I even knew I was pregnant, then didn't let up until arond 7-8 weeks, then it just stopped.. for a whole week. Safe to say I was freaking out. All was fine and it hit me like a ton of bricks at 9 weeks and has slowly eased off to the point that I barely get nauseous at all now at 14 weeks.

I posted something similar yesterday I've been feeling sick all the time but I seem to vomit quite badly every other day!

Worried me as this is my 3rd baby and with my 1st I was sick every single day for 14 weeks and with my 2nd I was sick for 40 weeks, now this one I'm sick every other day, strange lol

I'll check it out and hopefully it gives me some reassurance. I know I'm probably being really silly and I'll end up throwing up tomorrow and hating every second of it but I'm really nervous with this pregnancy. I just want my baby to be fine. I'm quite a cynical person as bad crap happens to me A LOT! I just feel like this pregnancy is so special that some unknown force will end it :/

I'm with you there! I'm followed by bad luck Haha! I'm sure you'll be fine though hun, try and relax I know it isn't easy, and I'm not one for taking my own advice! I have an early scan tomorrow and I feel like not even going I'm that scared!

I'm with you there! I'm followed by bad luck Haha! I'm sure you'll be fine though hun, try and relax I know it isn't easy, and I'm not one for taking my own advice! I have an early scan tomorrow and I feel like not even going I'm that scared!
Good luck with the scan :)

Well I woke up and no nausea what so ever. I didn't throw up in the bathroom but I did gag quite a few times. I also realized that for the past 4 days my night time toilet trip hasn't happened. When I went back to my bedroom I gagged twice and I'm not sure if I threw it up or if I spit it up but just white, cloudy spit in my hand. I say 'threw it up' because last week I actually threw up something that looked like that.

I feel like if I don't feel any worse by 12 I'm going to message my Midwife. Either she'll reassure me and tell me that 'Symptoms can come and go' or 'It happens and around that time it hits a peak'. Really I'm hoping for an early scan because my first scan isn't scheduled til April 26th :/ and I'll be 13 weeks then.

Should I message if nothing happens by then or will she think me a nut case?

I've decided to not contact my Midwife and just see what happens in a week. If I still have no nausea by the 2nd of April I will contact her. After searching people's stories and YouTube videos I've come to realize that this is a very normal part of pregnancy and I heard something about around week 8 is when the placenta takes over and that can help with with the symptoms so is that the reason why? hope so.

I'm going to go by the fact that I still have the odd gag after this morning and yesterday and the day before I felt light pinches around my pelvis area so hopefully that was the placenta forming or my uterus expanding. I'm going to hold onto that.

Mines coming and going so much this pregnancy, I did wake up this morning vomited, downed a bottle of water for my scan, vomited that back up downed more and sat in the car rocking back and fore in the hope of not projectile vomiting everywhere hahaha my sickness hasn't been very consistent this pregnancy but the scan showed a healthy baby with a heartbeat, so I don't think you should worry x

With me I haven't been sick once this pregnancy. But I've felt sick.
It started at week 4 so pretty early but then I hit 6 weeks and it completely vanished.
Like you I was really worried and thought the worst esp as I've had 3 Misscariges in the past.

Any way i had a scan at 7+1 i was so scared that i was going to get bad news but as soon as she put the scanning probe thing on my belly there was my little blob and a HB.

My sickness returned at 7×2 to the point where I was gagging. But again it came and went . Some days I feel so sick and other days i feel fine.
Had another scan at 9+1 and baby was there and very active with a HB of 171 BPM.
Still my sickness has come and gone.
I'm now 11 weeks pregnant and I've been feeling sick every day for the past 5 days and the tiredness is now extreme. I feel so exhausted and all I want to do is sleep.

I hope that gives you some reassurance hon.
Its normal for symptoms to come and go and come back again.
The placenta completely takes over at 12 weeks. At 8 weeks the baby is still feeding from the yolk sack.
I think the placenta starts to take over a little bit from 10 weeks because it's from 10 weeks that the baby goes from a embryo to a fetus. But it doesn't fully take over until about 12 13 weeks.

I'm sure ure be fine hon just know ure not the only one and that most of us have all worried about the very same thing in early pregnancy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->