Morning sickness remedies and distraction tips

hopie2015

Reaction score
Hi all-
Having a rough time here with very early extreme ms. Also, worry since I had 2 prior losses. I'm going to list ideas and how they have helped. I would love if anyone can post some other suggestions. Sort of putting together a '1st tri toolbox' for when the going gets rough!

MS

Ginger tea, ginger candies -- says it works butI haven't found helpful
Sea bands - I found these work the same way as pressing your accupressure point 2 finger lengths down on your wrist.
Peppermint/spearmint candies or tea -- found this a bit helpful
Saltines- no luck
Flavored seltzer- seems much easier to go down than regular water
Prenatals- take at night before bed
Smelling a fresh cut lemon - amazing -- it helped!
Deep breathing. (deep breaths outside in fresh cold winter air helps!)

Distraction techniques:

Stop googling! (Computer screen also makes the nausea worse)
Read a good book - totally helps
Find a good Netflix series or any show to watch for hours when not feeling well
Go for a walk in the sunshine
Positive affirmations! (today I am pregnant, take things day by day. This morning sickness is temporary. Only a few weeks of my life and so worth it in the end)
Talk with a friend
Yoga / stretches (if permitted by doctor)
Prayer

Hi all-
Having a rough time here with very early extreme ms. Also, worry since I had 2 prior losses. I'm going to list ideas and how they have helped. I would love if anyone can post some other suggestions. Sort of putting together a '1st tri toolbox' for when the going gets rough!

MS

Sea bands - I found these work the same way as pressing your accupressure point 2 finger lengths down on your wrist.
Saltines- no luck

Distraction techniques:

Positive affirmations! (today I am pregnant, take things day by day. This morning sickness is temporary. Only a few weeks of my life and so worth it in the end)
Talk with a friend
Prayer

- Foods high in magnesium like brazil and almond nuts help, they are also mild on the stomach while containing protein and other omegas which are helpful.

- Weird but has always helped me, things high in fat, like cream cheese. I've suggested to friends as well and it has worked for them. Not great for dress size after pregnancy though ;)

- Enough hydration, a lot of morning sickness has at its root dehydration. Some people find drinking their water ice cold helps, for me, room temperature helps.

- Drinking pickle juice and eating dill pickles.

- Snack continuously!!! If I get even a little bit empty stomach, I feel sick.

- PAPAYA. Dried papaya from a natural food store or papaya extract if you can find it. I get the dried papaya and just snack on it throughout the day, it's amazing for settling the stomach.

- Dried figs, high in iron and other needed nutrients, helps keep your digestive system moving so you don't get backed up (being backed up can also give you worse morning sickness)

Those are my go-to's! I also am wearing sea bands at the moment.

Hi all-

MS

Saltines- no luck

Distraction techniques:

Talk with a friend
Prayer

- Foods high in magnesium like brazil and almond nuts help, they are also mild on the stomach while containing protein and other omegas which are helpful.

- Weird but has always helped me, things high in fat, like cream cheese. I've suggested to friends as well and it has worked for them. Not great for dress size after pregnancy though ;)

- Enough hydration, a lot of morning sickness has at its root dehydration. Some people find drinking their water ice cold helps, for me, room temperature helps.

- Drinking pickle juice and eating dill pickles.

- Snack continuously!!! If I get even a little bit empty stomach, I feel sick.

- PAPAYA. Dried papaya from a natural food store or papaya extract if you can find it. I get the dried papaya and just snack on it throughout the day, it's amazing for settling the stomach.

- Dried figs, high in iron and other needed nutrients, helps keep your digestive system moving so you don't get backed up (being backed up can also give you worse morning sickness)

Those are my go-to's! I also am wearing sea bands at the moment.

Oh my goodness! Sky- thank you so much. These are all just wonderfully helpful! I am going to try them all. I was just reading about the link of ms to magnesium... and I think brazil nuts are the one nut I could eat.

THANKS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->