Morning sickness!!

HollyPlox

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

This is my first pregnancy after a loss in March this year.
I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant today and for the past 2 weeks I've been dealing with 'morning sickness'. It's been getting worse since last week and just keeps increasing. I've only vomited a few times but the nausea is really starting to wreck me as well as the exhaustion.
'Morning sickness' is continuous, all day.

I've tried eating crackers throughout the day but that doesn't help. I've also tried water, orange juice and cordial and that doesn't seem to help either. I've always tried numerous of other things and nothing seems to be working. I've tried different fruits and nothing.

I've also tried taking my pregnancy vitamins at night and it's still making me feel queasy. I've also tried taking blackmores morning sickness tables for about a week and it hasn't worked either.

So I guess what I'm asking, what worked for you?
I know it's trial and error but I need suggestions. I'm running out. :(

Thank you!

hello
i dont have any suggestions because i also tried everything you tried but still they didnt help. my morning sickness lasted up to 4 months, i was going mad. i hope yours wont last that long. hang in there, it will be over soon....* hugs*

Try gaviscon. Sometimes you get sick because your stomach is irritated. Gaviscon cam settle that even if u dnt have actual heartburn. And try not to drink acidic juices as they will make it worse. So hard I know. Totally with you there mines just kicking in and im 6 weeks tomorrow. Hars hiding it at work lol

Thank you!

I just keep trying different things and nothing seems to be helping.
It's so hard because I don't feel like eating anything but if I leave it, it just keeps on getting worse.

I'll give gaviscon a go. Hopefully it can help. Even if it helps a little bit, that'd be great.

Even laying down and having a nap doesn't even help. It's frustrating.

Good luck to you two. :)

Try some sea bands, they've been working a treat for me :)

Hia doll, nothing works for me either, ive hearly been hospitalized on 2 occasions, but because im 11 weeks doctor don't want to, don't know why,, hes a rubbish doctor anyway lol I found them sea sickness bands a big con! Well they might work on mild sickness but it did nothing for me, I also tried them when I was pregnant with DD and still didn't work.. Hopefully nearly to the end of this sickness now though!!

xx

I don;t have any pearls of wisdom, but just wanted to say you're not alone!

I feel absolutely awful from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep.

I tried seabands, but got such bad headaches the moment I put them on! They did help with the sickness, but I figured I'd prefer to deal with the sickness than having headaches when I have to sit in front of a computer screen all day long!

I've found a cup of black coffee perks me up a bit, although just the one, as you shoudln't have too much caffeine.

I'm in the same boat

Constantly feeling sick, heaving at the thought of food! Can't eat more than half a slice of toast per meal (which is not like me, I'm a big eater)

I'm so exhausted I have to sleep in my car at lynch time, but there's no point in goin to work cos I can't concentrate on anything while I'm there lol

And to top it off my throat is so swollen from heaving and stomach acid that I now can't even swallow

Ginger biscuits helpped for a day or 2 now I'm sick at the smell!

Little n often the doc says!

I'm in the same boat

Constantly feeling sick, heaving at the thought of food! Can't eat more than half a slice of toast per meal (which is not like me, I'm a big eater)

I'm so exhausted I have to sleep in my car at lynch time, but there's no point in goin to work cos I can't concentrate on anything while I'm there lol

And to top it off my throat is so swollen from heaving and stomach acid that I now can't even swallow

Ginger biscuits helpped for a day or 2 now I'm sick at the smell!

Little n often the doc says!

I'm finding lime soda is working. Literally like juice and fizzy water. (I work in a pub so it's always on hand!) it is really helping! I think the lime takes the nasty taste out of my mouth! Also breakfast biscuits! Apart from that I still feel horrendous!

Hey! :flower:
I can totally relate. My first pregnancy I had horrible all day sickness until I was 6 months. I would lay in bed all day just feeling horrible and had to go to the hospital for dehydration. I lost 15 lbs. What I felt helped me was to take very very very small sips of ginger ale every once in awhile. I also went to the store and bought small peppermint candies and kept them by my bed. I also kept crackers by bed and just look small nibbles.
I couldn't stand to just sit and eat stuff but found if I nibbled I would at least have something in my stomach and the peppermint REALLY helped.

I know everyone is different, but just some examples of what worked for me. I hope you start feeling better soon. I know how you feel right now. :hugs:

I'm 8w1d and nausea has definitely stepped up, although not actually being sick I'm gagging constantly and feeling sick from the minute I was up until I eventually fall asleep. Don't know about anyone else but I find mine is worse in late evening.

I'm not sure it helps the nausea but I find drinking ginger ale makes me gag slightly less and it's about all I can drink other than milk.
I also tried sea bands for the first time last night, took them off to shower this morning and forgot to put them back on and had the worst nausea yet. Worth a try and interested to see what helps anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->