Moses basket or cot for newborns?

I think it's less in a moses basket that's why they say up to 6months. Wouldn't quote me on it though, I have no idea!

No u can use either the risk the same but the reason most midwifes like moses baskets first is that cots are quite large and daunting for LO and also moses baskets are easy to move around

we have a cot and he is going straight into that! unless we get given a moses basket by anyone!!

but part of the pram im getting has a carrycot so im i want him asleep downstairs with me he can go in that!!

this is the plan at the moment im sure it will all change like everything else has!

x

Im using both. Moses basket to sleep in and will put the moses in the cot so she starts to get used to it when she eventually moves into her own room.

ive read that moses baskets are as safe to use as cots (according to the internet that is) ill be using both moses basket for the first few weeks then a cot

I'm not sure. I think the SIDS advice is about room sharing. We will put the moses basket in the cot so baby gets used to the bars and it's not such a big change when too big for the moses basket.

We'll use a moses basket first then move over to a cot when LO isn't so little anymore.

I dont know about SIDS but im putting my LO in her moses basket, that way she will be right next to my bed and i can hear her breath and have her close to me.

We have both our Cot is not in our room so i want to have LO near me when he/she is first born so will be in a moses basket

Im getting one of those basinette travel cot things and the baby will be going straight into that, only my first had a moses basket and she was to big for it after 3 months, so i dident see the point of getting one with my others.

I think we'll use the carry cot for the early weeks, but I don't know how long baby will stay in there, I've got a feeling this child is going to be tall - it was all arms and legs on the scan!

I was going to get a moses basket, especially as they are so nice! But having read a few reviews online it seems they can sometimes only last 2-3 months before they are outgrown by baby which seems quite wasteful, so I think I am gonna go for a crib, they are just a bit bigger and not much more money than a moses basket and apparently they last up to around 6 months old, until it's time for a cot! It gives more breathing space to buy the cot in too!

we have a moses basket to start with, then we have a cotbed

we also bought one of the monitors that come with a sensory pad for breathing/movemnet

i never had a moses basket for brendan i had a swinging crib, was really good rocked him gently to sleep and was small to, and only cheap in kiddicare, i think it was about £30 or £40 and looks so pretty to :D i do like moses baskets tho i was going to get one for this baby but as i have the crib i think ill use that again

i read on one of the bbc websites alot of health warnings bout moses baskets and alot of accidents that had happend with them! i wnt be using one i dnt think but my oh wnts to! x

I think it all comes down to personal preferences.
The risks are the same in either a cot or a moses basket, the main difference being the size and the correct positionings of the baby in each.

I used a moses basket for the first 3 months with my two boys but this time round it's more impractical due to lack of space. I'll be using the cot of a night and if i'm upstairs during the day, but if i'm downstairs i am just going to use the carrycot thats on the pram i want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->