• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mother and Daughter die on trip to Bail

sandilion

Reaction score
This seems so odd to me! Wouldn't people at their age know of their food allergies, and have the required medication with them? Also can food poisoning kill someone that fast? I just hope there isn't more to this story....

I just hate to think of the hell they both went through before they passed away. :cry:

A Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade spokesman confirmed the tragedy on Saturday evening, stressing that the distraught family had asked for privacy.

"We confirm the death in Bali of a 54-year-old woman and her 14-year-old daughter from Queensland," he told AAP.

"Our condolences are with the family and the family have asked that their privacy be respected during this difficult time."

Police sources have told AAP the mother, a Sunshine Coast health professional, and her teenage daughter checked in to their beachfront resort on Bali's east coast on Friday.

Early on Saturday morning the girl asked staff at the Padang Bai Beach Resort for help, telling them she and her mother had fallen sick.

The pair were taken by private ambulance to a nearby medical centre but about 1.45am local time the mother died, according to local sources.

The girl was rushed to BIMC Hospital, an international clinic in the Balinese capital of Denpasar, but could not be saved.

The bodies are now at Sanglah Hospital awaiting autopsy, one police source said.

"Checking the scene, we found lots of medicine," he told AAP.

"We can't confirm the cause of death yet."

Another senior local police source has told AAP the treating doctor at the first clinic suspected a food allergy.

"What kind of food, we don't know," he said.

"All the medicines are from abroad.

"The vomit and medicines have been taken to forensic laboratory."

DFAT says the Australian Consulate-General in Bali is liaising with local authorities and the government is providing consular assistance to the family in Australia.

Link to the report: https://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2014/01/04/23/33/qld-mum-and-daughter-die-on-trip-to-bali

Thats awful I wonder what they meant by the medicines being from abroad did they bring them with them or were they given them while there? Could be an accidental overdose rather than allergies as far as I know the only way to die from food allergies is anaphylactic shock.

They are now saying 'toxic fish' was the cause... but then the restaurant is stating that the daughter didn't eat the fish ... im really eager to find out what the autopsy states.

Still waiting on the autopsy results to be confirmed. They had them done here in Australia due to the requests from their family. The family didn't trust the Indonesians with this one just in case this is a crime.

It has been confirmed when they both died (the mother died on the way to hospital, and the daughter died a few hours later) they both died from a heart attack after being dreadfully ill (vomiting, diarrhea etc.)

Maybe that happened due to severe dehydration?

Well with both sickness and diarrhoea you lose a lot of fluids so dehydration could be a factor. I wonder what caused it though?

Turns out they suffered a rare case from eating rotten fish, which triggered an allergic reaction and caused their asthma to also flare up:

https://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/02/05/01/28/bischoff-family-told-food-poisoning-likely

Tragic, and so so sad. Sounds like they would have suffered really really bad before they finally passed. Poor ladies. :(

Thanks for the follow up what an awful way to go at least their at peace now x

Yeah and their family has answers now.... so so sad. At least they went together as apparently they were inseparable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->