catty

Reaction score
Need help making a hamper for my MIL, my budget is £50
I have looked at ones online but they dont look as exciting as i want

She is mid 50s

Wine
Cooking
Baking
she is very busy and has 5 grandchildren, always cooking big extended family meals and does buffets for friends

Cant find anything though, help!!

In BHS they've got some really lovely sewing things and a great big owl knitting bag that is lush, you coild maybe use that to fill with nice other bits? X

Thanks! just looked it up that looks reallty nice. I will maybe go in the shop to see how big it actually is to see if i would fit everything in

Just writing it here so i actually remember -

Mug with pictures of the kids £4.99
Wooden plaque saying 'Grandmas kitchen, filled with Love' £6.00

still to get-
Some sort of personalised Pen for her work
Scratchcards
Yankee tart burner and tarts to go with it
Dark chocolate
Something to do with knitting (cant find much)
CD for her car - (no idea what she likes)
Book
Personalised Luggage tags ? (goes on about 4 holidays a year)

Cath kidston have some great knitting bags/craft bits, free delivery over £25 too.
https://www.cathkidston.com/home/knitting-sewing-and-crafts/list?ctry=GB
If you search cath kidston knitting bag there are loads on ebay - you can even get them personalised, add a few balls of wool inside with a voucher for craft shop so she can pick up some new needles? x

Thanks for that! Im actually just away into town and if they have the same deals instore il definately get a few bits, I like the print on it!
Think the measuring tape it cute as I always see hers lying around somewhere

I don't know if this is a bit too much work for this late, but my mum likes to knit and I did her a wonderball type thing with wool a couple of years ago. I bought a nice ball of wool and a bunch of small things like cute buttons and stitch markers. Then I re-wound the ball of wool adding in the extra bits as I went, and gave it with a pattern which only needed one ball. As she knitted the pattern all the bits and bobs came out. She loved it.

Are you up for making anything at all? A home made spice mix for seasoning meat or a flavoured sugar is easy and cheap to make. Or a sugar scrub? You can stick them in an old jam jar and print a pretty label.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"