• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

mother making gender a complete nightmare! Rant!

Pinkee

Reaction score
I was a teen mom, with my first child. I had such gender disappointment because of the pressure my mother put on me to have a girl, as soon as We had the ultrasound and they said it was a boy, she demanded someone "more experienced " make Sure. I was devastated. She had bought and had to take back loads of girl clothes and I was so ashamed in myself. I couldn't even name my son until he was 3 days old.

I am 30 now, this is my second child and I really felt I asserted myself on her pressuring me. Nope. She showed up here with pink and purple girl clothes. And when We went out shopping , she literally WRESTLED blue nursing pads out of my friends hands....she believes buying colors sways the gender and it was no matter they were breast pads for ME. She made a huge scene.

I felt I was very clear when I told her this is not OK, I don't feel like I have any other option but to exclude her.
I don't want the clothes she gave me. I'm giving them away at a baby shower.

And I happily accepted my blue breast pads my girlfriend went back and bought me.

But I can't shake the pressure. And I don't want to be disappointed.

I don't blame you and I think all you can do is exclude her from anything baby related! If she can't be happy for you and love her grandchildren no matter what then don't include her. A baby is a blessing no matter what gender, and baby boys are awesome!!

Your mom honestly sounds pretty crazy. That's just not right at all!
My mom's like that as well. She predicted my first would be a boy (we didn't tell anyone) and was seriously PISSED when she ended up being a girl. This time we didn't find out, and she's saying baby is definitely a girl, to the point that she's telling my 2-year old daughter that she's getting a little sister and calling my baby "she." It's nuts because we didn't get any scans so nobody knows!

Your mom shouldn't be pressuring you to have one sex or the other... I would definitely exclude her from all baby-related things and tell her you don't want the clothes simply because you don't know the baby's sex.

PS: I love your hair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->