Mothercare Rant

lady3

Reaction score
So I went into a Mothercare for the first time in my life with my DH. Was looking forward to seeing all of the baby things and such. Went for a pregnancy body pillow. I know I'm early, but I have a bad back, and sleeping on my side kills me unless I have a pillow between my legs.

Anyway, I called the Mothercare before driving the 30 minutes down to it to ask if they had the pillow I was looking for, and they said yes they had it. When we arrived there, there was no body pillow, so we asked a staff member, and they said they don't stock larger items like that in the store. Now I wouldn't normally do this, but my back hurts, and we'd just driven for 30 minutes after being told they stock it, but we did it, we asked for the manager. Well she wasn't the coolest of ladies and wasn't a big help, but another member of staff suggest that Mothercare order it, and out of goodwill, they would pay the shipping charge. Hallellujah! I could do with that.

So, as we're ordering, the manager asks who the body pillow is for and I tell her 'me". She looks me up and down (obviously sizing my bump) and then says really loudly 'You're joking, I've never had a mum need this before 7 months'. What a b@£%h! If you're in sales, don't go making me question what I am buying from YOUR shop.

Uggghh! I just had to rant. She really pissed me off.

My local mothercare has very friendly staff but some stores you walk into make you feel a bit out of place unless you have a huge bump or a baby with you.

my mothercare had a pram on a big stand with loads of stands saying buy of the week - pick up one today blah blah so we decided we liked it and asked for it to be told they havent got any in stock and they dont know what is on order as they dont request stock they just sell what they get sent. if that wernt bad enough i asked them to check any local stores - all sold out and when I asked for them to order me one especially they told me there was a fixed charge of £25 pffftttt whinged at her and demanded managment only to tell me that there was no extra charge......dunno what that checky turd was gonna do with the extra £25 !!

xx

I would pop an email to customer services as that way you will get through to the main office. That is unacceptable!

omg how rude was that you should have slapped her lol

Thats disgusting, customer service these days has gone out the wondow.

We were in Mothercare last month and the place was full of young girls that had no idea how to collaps travel systems. When the supervisor finally came to help she done it quick and walked off. I had to go running after her to ask her to show us exactly how she did it, her attitude was disgusting.
Honestly!!!!
You wonder about these places.

So I went into a Mothercare for the first time in my life with my DH. Was looking forward to seeing all of the baby things and such. Went for a pregnancy body pillow. I know I'm early, but I have a bad back, and sleeping on my side kills me unless I have a pillow between my legs.

Anyway, I called the Mothercare before driving the 30 minutes down to it to ask if they had the pillow I was looking for, and they said yes they had it. When we arrived there, there was no body pillow, so we asked a staff member, and they said they don't stock larger items like that in the store. Now I wouldn't normally do this, but my back hurts, and we'd just driven for 30 minutes after being told they stock it, but we did it, we asked for the manager. Well she wasn't the coolest of ladies and wasn't a big help, but another member of staff suggest that Mothercare order it, and out of goodwill, they would pay the shipping charge. Hallellujah! I could do with that.

So, as we're ordering, the manager asks who the body pillow is for and I tell her 'me". She looks me up and down (obviously sizing my bump) and then says really loudly 'You're joking, I've never had a mum need this before 7 months'. What a b@£%h! If you're in sales, don't go making me question what I am buying from YOUR shop.

Uggghh! I just had to rant. She really pissed me off.

you can buy same pillow from argos, least can check stock easier their.

We have both mothercare and mothercare world near us and both are lovely, some shops can have funny sales assistants tho

You'd be wasting your time emailing customer services, I've had dealings with them regarding a pushchair I brought, that in daylight was 2 different colours instead of 1 wtf?
Anyway after 3 months of arguing they finally agreed to order the correct parts free of charge. I wrote to them asking when the parts would be in my local storw for collections as they said 2 weeks and it had been 5 so I then got a letter back from one of the customer service staff to tell me that I'd been contacted 3 times by their staff and twice they had spoken to me. And basically accusing me of lying.
I was fuming, how can they have spoken to me when they don't have my number :trouble:
So I sent a letter stating that they had no contact number so how could they have spoken to me twice and why would they need to speak to me twice, surely 1 phone call to tell me the goods were in my local store would have been enough.
The reply I got...the goods are in the post to me and the branch will telephone me in a couple of days...wtf *bangs head against the wall*

Turns out the parts they ordered weren't right and I still have 1 thing that doesn't match.

And needless to say, I never did get that phone call.

But I've had enough :growlmad: I've spend near on £1000 in there and that's how you get treated.

Ooooof, I'll let you in a little something - whereas you say you never normally do that kind of thing I do - If something like that happens I put a complaint in.

That is unprofessional and inconsiderate...and she works in a baby shop? Personally I would ring up the head office and ask for a persons name and address as to where you send a complaint and then write a letter putting exactly what happens.

Hopefully that way they will take disciplinary action against that manager and even better you may get freebe's lol I didn't say that but still - the main concern here is getting her the adequate training as a manager in a baby shop serving pregnant women. As you said it doesn't matter if you are 4 weeks or 40 weeks - if you want a body pillow then that is up to you and your right to purchase one...why question it!

My DH wants one and he's not even pregnant lol - what they gonna do - refuse him one lol I'd like see them try that.

Thanks ladies. I took your advice and wrote to customer services explaining what had happened and how shocked I was that someone with such bad customer service was a manager. I got a reply saying they were 'saddened to hear of my stressful time in their store' and that they would be looking into it. Nice letter, but no good will gift certificate. Bummer.

theres no need for that whatsoever! rude bitch! who cares, even if you werent pregnant you can have one if you want one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->