Mothers who put their children into private education...

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Were you privatly educated yourselves? Just curious :) x x

I was in a private high school. I put her in private because, and not to sound stuck up but the schools in Los Angeles County are crap. My daughter is very smart for her age and the school work is just way below her level. Private schools tend to be a little more advanced.

I wasn't privately taught I attended the local comprehensive school.
My daughter has been taught privately (abroad), and now attends a local primary school until we relocate again next Summer, at which point she will transfer to a private school.

I personally find the standard of teaching on a higher level in Private than local schools.

My son goes to private Prep school and will continue to do so. My husband and I were also privately educated and are both graduates.

I am also a trained teacher and have been a senior manger in the state sector. I am unhappy with state provision in all the Primary schools in our area bar the hugely oversubscribed one he has no chance of getting into.

I would happily have him attend a state school if there was one good enough. As there isn't, the only option is to pay for a better provision.

Sadly we also do this for healthcare and pay twice through tax and for private services but that's another rant...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->