Mothers With Disability & Mental Illness

I am disabled. I am married and my Husband works from home. I have no balancing system on the left side of my body. I lost it from an ear infection 4 years ago and it happened overnight. I am not fit for work anymore and have had people telling me i should not be allowed children. I have a very supportive Husband, and yes i will have to do things differently but i think we are all entitled to pro create!
I get dizzy when i move my eyes or head. If it is a muggy day weather wise i cannot lift my head off my pillow and have to lay in bed. I look drunk all the time and i am currently having to use crutches as i have had to adjust how i use my body and it has affected everything else. (Although when baby is here i can use the buggy instead of crutches :-D)
It is very depressing and i feel sad a lot, but being pregnant (now i am over Hypermesis anyway) gives me something to focus on and i am really happy about it. My Husband is there if i need anything and the same will apply when the baby is here. I do however know, that if i was single or had a less supportive Husband there would be no way i could have a baby, it just wouldn't be safe for the baby.
Most people don't understand how hard it is for me to do things and you have to prove yourself even more, so i am glad this thread has been started as although we all have different issues, the outcome is the same, we have big struggles but can understand to some degree how daily life is hard for one another x

Happy with pregnancy, but frustrated with my body and limitations, but i guess i just have to suck it up :-( And i would really like to throw my crutches at something as they are annoying the living daylights out of me!

How are you? And how is everyone else doing?

I can't imagine, Sunflower.

I myself have been having a difficult time, though for very different reasons. I've been having constant crying fits - even if public, which is especially humiliating - and am going through another phase of eating improperly (in other words, not eating.) I'm trying to find work, I'm trying to keep in touch with friends, but their lives are so full and mine is so empty. My family is trying to help me find passion in life and to get an education, but I'm just so impatient. I'm tired of watching everyone go on ahead of me, when I try just as hard - if not more - than they do. I just want to be average, and to be loved, and wake up with something to look forward to in my day.

I know I'll be able to get there, someday, but right now it's just so painful.

It is so hard to relate to people when things seem to come so easily to them and it makes us further isolated. I know i have very few friends as they just seem like a completely different world to me. It feels to me i have to fight for normal things and they all get spoon fed by life and it is just discouraging as we are always taught that those that put in the most effort reap the biggest rewards, but that seems a lie!

Can the Dr suggest some food replacement items to have (like the shakes wth all the nutrients)?

Work is such a hard one as we all need money, and when we cannot get work it really starts to affect the emotional state, as it feels so personal as to why we don't get chosen. As for finding a passion, there are so many things, it can take ages when you don't have an idea on what path you want to be on.

I hope things improve for you as it is hard to pick yourself up as it were when it feels everything is against you :-( x

I suffer with aniexity phobia of vomit and also ocd

I just need to eat normal. It's getting to the point where I have my family concerned about an eating disorder, which is why I'm trying to stop NOW with fasting and all that bull.

I think that's part of the reason why I don't have many friends, because it's true, we are of a different way of life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->