Mothers :/

K

Karuto

Ok, just a rant.
I really don't get along with my mum, we have a volatile relationship purely because I don't do everything she says. This is because she is nearly fifty and quite old fashioned.

So talking last night and falling pregnant accidently slid into the conversation and she said "just promise me something" I said "ok, what?" and she said "that if you accidently fell pregnant you would go away and disappear."

I then couldnt actually face speaking to her after that. However I did ask what in her opinion was a respectable age to have children nowadays and her reply was thirty.

**EDIT** my mum wanted ME to go away.

Thanks girls :)

^^^^^^ Agreed. No mother likes the idea of their baby having a baby. My mum said she'd disown my sisters if either of them did it, and surprise, surprise, one of them did! She had to just grow up and deal with the fact that people are all different, and want different things in this world. Your life is your own, she will get over it :p

:hugs: Agreed with the above. Its your life, your choices to make.

She will get over it. The negative feelings will fade and the excitement of a grandbaby would overcome.

She'll either live with it or she really will go away. That would be her choice and you can't control that. What you can control is your future, your feelings, choices. Can you see yourself doing what she wants if that leaves you unhappy or would you rather be happy and have her be the one having to deal with her own problems? I would think you'd rather be happy. Go with that.

my parents are exactly the same...realy old fashioned, they believe that you shouldnt have sex before marriage and you shouldnt live with sum1 untill your married. so according to them, having a baby is way out of the question for someone my age (22) and in my situation (not married) lol. end of the day, as people have said above...they will just have to get used to it. NO WAY would I marry someone b4 living with them, as it could turn out to be a complete mistake. and times have changed!

My mam is like this. She seems to think that people who have babies HAVE to be married. It really annoys me bcs so assumes that ppl who have babies are married and she always looks for the wedding ring. I KnoW that my mam will never approve of me having a baby until i am married and we are making a decent wage. Even tho i asked her today what she thinks the ideal age to have a baby is and she said about 25-26 (my age). It really bugs me!!! also she always says that if it happened now i would be out of this house....like i would want to stay in anyway haha. your not alone hun, our ancient mothers just need to get with the times.

p.s. my parents are so old fashioned my OH isnt allowed to stay in the same bed as me when he stays over. im 25, he is 26 and we have been together for 5 years...WTF!

Haven't talked to my mother in close to a decade...ahhh the freedom. She's a self-absorbed whino and I don't have room for negative, unhealthy, condescending, judgmental people who desperately need therapy but live in denial, in my life. More importantly, my daughters don't need that sh---t either. The way I figure it is, there are unhealthy, unhappy people in the world, and some of us are unfortunately related to them. Thankfully, that's not necessarily a permanent condition!

Best of luck!

I can't wait to get out!!

My mum says that no one is allowed to have sex within her house. This includes me, my 17yo brother and my mum (she is divorced).

Tbh she doesn't believe in marriage before kids (thank god, because i'm not fussed on marriage) However I did ask her what she thought in this day andage is a respectful age to have children.. 30 years old! is what she said. I was like WTF.

On the having guys over topic: I've only had a male stay in special circumstances (i.e the night before my birthday, Boyfriend slept down stairs and I had to go to bed when my mum did. And when my friend and I went out into town, he came back to mine so we werent going home alone) and if my boyfriend is over my room door and the hall door must be open so that we arent 'breaking the rules'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->