Mouth ulcers

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
I suffer with terrible ulcers(not a new thing, I always have)

I don't just get one I get 3 or 4 at a time, they are soooooo painful and I really struggle to eat.

Anyone else get them a lot? Know what causes it?

I don't know whether to see a doctor

Xx

im in the same boat, my record was 7 and i couldnt eat anything with crumbs, sticky, etc, it was agony.

anbesol is my best friend, its liquid anaesthetic thing, kills like a b**** but gel doesnt work for me at all.
no idea what causes them but im guessing a bacterial imbalance of some sort?
i havent been to the docs for it, but it really gets me down and takes about 1/2 weeks to go away totally.

sorry i cant help, just letting you know youre not on your own! x

I've never heard of that, gonna go on the hunt for it tomorrow.

My mum keeps telling me it's Iron deficiency but even on iron tabs I still got them :wacko:

Xx

its a brownish sort of liquid, costs almost £5 but well worth it trust me.
i get it from boots stores, i have an idea! why dont you ask the pharmacist for advice while you are getting it?? :hugs:

numbs the area enough so you can eat a bit and you can apply it upto 8 times a day.
tbh, ive ignored all the rules on the label and used it loads. no harm caused to me.

hope that helps :) x

It's definitely helped, thanks Hun :flower:

They are just going now but wont hurt to have a bottle in for next time. I had 2 on the tip of my tongue.........AGONY!

Xx

hmmm i cant figure out why they go on tongues? i thought mine were inflammed tastebuds not ulcers... because they dont look like the same shape as the ones inside my lips.

i had one almost as big as a pea once :( they get huge!! never used too.. bit strange.

i'll probably bring it up with my doctor next time im there. might get some info for all us ulcer sufferers! xxx

hmmm i cant figure out why they go on tongues? i thought mine were inflammed tastebuds not ulcers... because they dont look like the same shape as the ones inside my lips.

i had one almost as big as a pea once :( they get huge!! never used too.. bit strange.

i'll probably bring it up with my doctor next time im there. might get some info for all us ulcer sufferers! xxx

Definitely ulcers, they were right on the tip of my tongue! I had those 2 one at the front of my bottom lip and one either side at the back, just the front one left now.

Xx

Try taking a regular dose of vitamin c. My OH really used to suffer and it seems to have helped him tonnes

B vitamins can help with ulcers too.

They can be caused by things like stress, catching your tongue/lip with your teeth, or a reaction to toothpaste or mouthwash. But you might want to see a doctor if you keep getting them for no apparant reason as they can be an indicator of an underlying illness.

The other thing that helped my OH (and I've heard is a common thing) was that we stopped using toothpastes which contain sodium laurel sulfate :)

Are you sure they are ulcers and not canker sores, ulcers form on the gums, canker sore appear on the tongue etc https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/canker-sores they are not contagious, and lots of people suffer with them, its more dental than gp, read the link avoid the acidic foods mentioned like oranges, tomatoes etc, these will bring them on.

Are you sure they are ulcers and not canker sores, ulcers form on the gums, canker sore appear on the tongue etc https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/canker-sores they are not contagious, and lots of people suffer with them, its more dental than gp, read the link avoid the acidic foods mentioned like oranges, tomatoes etc, these will bring them on.

Oh I'm not sure, just alway presumed they were ulcers :wacko:

I'll have to look into that thank you :flower:

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly