Movement closer to 20 weeks?

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to check as I can’t remember when abouts it was with my son.

I’ve felt flutters and pops quite a lot from 10 weeks. Then one week, maybe like 13-14 weeks, baby seemed to be a bit higher up and I haven’t felt as much as often.

I mean at my 12 week scan, I drank cold water in the waiting area and felt a lot of movement, and was totally confident it was baby, and even on the scan they were very active and we almost didn’t get a photo of them being still!

I was assuming that because they’re higher up they’re just in a place I can’t feel them as much.. and I’m less confident if it was a movement or gas at times!

Had my 16 week midwife appointment with Doppler and she said heartbeat was strong.

I’m just wondering closer to 20 weeks how well you were feeling baby? When do you start to see the tiny little thumps on the outside too?

I’m trying to remember with my son but can’t remember the exact week. I was also a lot slimmer with my son, so I’m sure that helps in being able to feel and see baby kick. I started that pregnancy a stone lighter almost than I did with this one. I’m at a healthy weight. I have increased in weight the last few weeks due to eating to keep away nausea so though maybe some little extra belly fat could be making the movements less sensitive? No idea haha that’s what I’m guessing?

You may have an anterior placenta! I have one (found out at my anatomy scan at 19wks 2days) and have heard it can block a lot of the moevments as placenta is in the way. My expereince was similar to yours felt lots of lirtle bubbles and movemebts from very early then they stopped completely. From the day after my anatomy scan however (19 weeks 3 days) i started feeling kicks every arvo and night when lying down.they got stronger and more regular as they went on. Am now 21 and a half weeks and 2 days ago i started feeling the kicks strongly from the outside and seeing them too.

I hope it wont be too much longer for you!

I know that I can really only feel them in the centre or to the left, I don't think I've ever felt them on the right hand side, and by the sounds of the doppler (there's a big rushing of blood sort of noise, and my own heart beat super loud) so I'm guessing maybe the placenta is on the right hand side, so possibly I don't feel them if they go that side!

I found a video of my son kicking my belly at 21 weeks, so fingers crossed I start to feel them more soon! I sometimes get a wibble type of feeling, like a twitchy kick, but I got quite used to them being in a particular spot before, and this feelings a bit higher up I'm just unconfident that it's not just gas or some other gastric sensation! Can't wait until it's just that little bit more obvious again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->