Movement question

TTC our first

Reaction score
So there are times when I feel a nudge here or there. I'm 37 weeks and I haven't really been feeling much movement but then hour or so later I'll feel a nudge or kick for a bit. My stomach has been extremely hard and right the past two weeks. I was told baby heartbeat is very good and baby seems happy at hospital last week when I was having serious contractions that eventually stopped. So I'm assuming I just can't feel baby move since she feels so big? I just am not sure what to be looking for. This pregnancy is so confusing even with contractions I have no idea because I feel like I have BH ones all the time.

This is so me at the min too! I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow and hes having a quiet day today.. When i googled it it says its coz theyre so big now they dont have much room to move around. My bump is solid too and sometimes it hurts when hes moving around now x

Any changes in baby's movements or pattern should be investigated. It's a myth that they run out of room. If you feel there's been changes, please go and get it checked out xx

Thanks I have been checked out last week but ob just checked HB and monitored contractions told me baby is happy and fine. I go Friday for ultrasound due to cyst they found in ovary of baby. My ob office and hospital makes me feel like I'm a liar and just not aware of my body or what a feel so I'm afraid to call them.

Also I'm suppose to have weekly ob appts and my dr office said they are too busy to book these appointments and are making me wait 3 weeks!!! If I call for anything I get told it's Braxton hicks and baby is fine so call when water breaks or u loss mucous plug (hospital actually told me this last weds also)

I asked my doctor about movements, they said they should still be moving. So when ever I have brought up the concern they have said you have to feel 6 kicks or movments of some kind with in two hours.

When ever i get concerned I drink a little bit of orange juice and lie down and I feel her move

I found that drinking cold water and lying on my left side worked this afternoon :)

one time. I put an ice cube on my tummy because i was freaking out so much. Oh man did she move after that I think I may have made her angry lol

But to be honest I can understand your concerns, I'm going to be a mommy for the first time and I freak out about everything. And you should be seen everyweek once you hit 36 weeks but before that it should be every two weeks. I would demand that they takee your concerns seriously if you ever feel in your gut that somethings not right. Do the 6 kicks thing, if that doesn't work go to the maternity ward at your hospital.

I cannot believe your OB is so busy they have to skip weekly appointments for you! I'd be very upset, myself. It's a critical time to make sure baby is ready. :( I'd get checked regardless of how they make you feel. And if they give you crap about it, just point out that you haven't been seen when you're supposed to, so you're a little more anxious.

My baby is super active and will go for 3-4 hrs straight with bumps, kicks and nudges so as I get further along I asked my Dr. if I should feel less movement. She said not so much less movement rather they will not be as strong jabs and pokes if that makes sense. They have less room so think of them not being able to wind up and swing their leg or arm as far. I feel her slide her arm/foot from side to side and bulges here and there and I swear her do a little dance at times. :winkwink:

My midwife appointments are also every fortnight! I thought that was normal :( im 38 weeks today and havent seen her in almost 2 weeks

I wonder if they follow different rules for midwives?
I was told from the beginning that once i got to my third tri i would start off with two week appts. and then in my ninth month it went to every week. They don't do any ultrasounds they check my weight, blood preasure, heart beats and urine sample. But they check the movements.

I was told when I first started seeing my ob that I'd have weekly visits at 36weeks to check for dilation/heartbeat/urine/ bp well I just learned that the practice was sold to the hospital and is under new management so they are completely under staffed and over booked but only have two drs and ever only have one on at the hospital. I am seriously terrified of going into labor because I have complained so much about the office. I just hope that my ob sees me this week. I'm 37 weeks now and haven't been to office in three weeks... I have felt baby pick up movement slightly and it's more like sliding feelings now like everyone is describing! I'm so thankful for you group of ladies offering reassurance :) thanks so much

I was told when I first started seeing my ob that I'd have weekly visits at 36weeks to check for dilation/heartbeat/urine/ bp well I just learned that the practice was sold to the hospital and is under new management so they are completely under staffed and over booked but only have two drs and ever only have one on at the hospital. I am seriously terrified of going into labor because I have complained so much about the office. I just hope that my ob sees me this week. I'm 37 weeks now and haven't been to office in three weeks... I have felt baby pick up movement slightly and it's more like sliding feelings now like everyone is describing! I'm so thankful for you group of ladies offering reassurance :) thanks so much

3 weeks seems like a long time. Between 30-36 weeks I went every 2 weeks. Now that I'm just about 36 weeks I now will have to go in every week. At my appt today (36 weeks) they did the GBS swab test so I would think that you would need that done. I would follow up since it sounds like a lot is going on in the office and you don't want to get lost in the shuffle. Especially since you're pretty far long at this point.

Not a problem at all. We are all in it together :) if you feel that the OB hasn't scheduled you an appt. Then I would go to the L&D and tell them that you want the baby monitored because you would feel better knowing everything is okay with baby's health

I don't think movement ever slowed with my other two, but I definitely remember movements becoming painful and uncomfortable. An arm or leg would slide across my bump and just hurt. And they became less of big kicks and more of the slides and twists and turns.

sometimes her rump is jabbing right into my ribs oh man i gotta tickle her out of that position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->