• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movement

crazycatlady5

Reaction score
I have an anterior placenta, didn't start feeling kicks until 25 weeks. But baby has been moving lots since then, I feel kicks and movement throughout the day. Now today he's been pretty quiet. Barely felt any movement today. I'm 28 weeks.

Anyone else experience this? I'm nervous...

If you're ever concerned about movements, give your doctor/midwife a phone call. They may want to do a NST or at least see you in the office just to make sure everything is okay.

I'm not saying that to make you worried as it can be very normal, but a change in movement patterns should always be checked out. With my first, I called probably ever other week starting at 27 weeks because I was worried about movements. They always had me get checked out and everything was fine.

There have been plenty of cases, in the past and relatively recently, where getting checked out saved baby's life.

Everything is probably fine (especially with an anterior placenta), but always call with movement changes, whether in patterns or reduced movement. Even if it's just for reassurance for you!

You should really go and get checked at this stage if baby's movements decrease significantly. I had an anterior placenta with ds and it did mask the majority of movements but I could still feel some, I had really bad positioning. The hospital said they'd rather I came in everyday than left it and something was wrong.

Chances are things are fine but you should def get checked. Any change in you baby's normal pattern of movement should be checked out.

X

St down and have a really cold drink followed by a warm drink. I would call mw or hospital to go in for monitoring to be on the safe side. I was in last week and they told me to call whenever I needed to

It's good to get it checked out for sure :) I am sure baby is fine. I have an anterior placenta too and baby went a bit quiet for a wk or so then started kicking like crazy again, I think he had a growth spurt and was sleeping a lot or something lol.... that was at about 26wks

Def ring and get checked out. Better safe than sorry x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->