Movements

broodymrs

Mummy to my boys
Reaction score
Hi all

I've been feeling movement since very early on, got slightly less around 16 weeks but then picked back up again. Since about 18 weeks I've been feeling regular movements, particularly morning and evening. I had a really upsetting day yesterday. I've been struggling with my mood anyway later but yesterday was horrible as ended up having a massive row with my mum. Since then I've barely felt any movement. After my tea last night he was pretty active for a short time but that was it. I found his heartbeat with the Doppler but I'm freaking out a bit. I think it's 24 weeks they say to monitor movement from but because I've had regular movements from early on I don't know if it's different. Does anyone have any advice? Feel really low and down as it is, and now worrying if my little man is ok.

If you're ever worried, have a little bit of chocolate, a fizzy drink or an ice block. That will generally get them going xx At this stage they're still little and can sometimes be in positions where movements can be harder to feel or realise they're bub.
My little girl is so beyond active its not funny. Some days are slower and I try the things above for reassurance. Sometimes as well when she is snuggled down low, when she kicks and rolls I feel it in my bottom/ pinarium (sp?) and it feels more like I'm about to pop off rather than baby movements xxx
Of course if you're ever worried, contact your OB or midwife but I was always told kick counts should only be done from 30ish weeks as its more likely for cord knotting and wrapping around their neck then as they have no space. At this stage although you may feel huge ( I know I do, lol) babe still has plenty of room to wriggle around and float and all that fun stuff xx

Thanks. I just didn't know if all the stress and upset could have done something. I'll try what you suggested

I doubt the stress would've done anything, honestly. The little babes are more robust than that especially by that age. If you found him with the Doppler then try what Pp said and look, if you're really worried after maybe a day, ring up your maternity ward and go in. I did that (it was around 30 weeks but still) and even though some of the nurses made me feel like I was being a hysterical FTM, who cares. But I wouldn't worry at this point

Baby has probably just changed position so you can't feel him anymore. My dd did this a lot. I felt her at 13 weeks but until 24-25 ish weeks there would be the odd few days where I didn't feel her or didn't feel much. Our hospital won't monitor till 26 weeks but like pp suggested a cold drink or something icy usually gets them moving as well as laying in your left side. I'm sure your little one is fine :)

The upset isn't going to harm baby and quieter days are quite common around your gestation. But if you're worried, I'd say don't second guess yourself but talk to your midwife. They'll be able to reassure you.

I believe its 28 weeks they say to start counting - or monitoring. however if you really are worried don't hesitate to contact your midwife, or go and lie down and give baby a good prod to wake him up.

A little upset wont cause any damage hun, I hope your feeling better now anyway x xx

Thanks everyone. I've had more movement as the day has gone on so hopefully he's ok in there. I'm generally less anxious second time around but I think just with all the upset it made me generally anxious

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->