movie mistakes

Pippy long stocking woweee not seen that for about 20yrs!!!

Its on netflix, My oldest took to it for a while so I spot a lot of mistakes in films they watch. Well after the 100 th time of watching lol

My husband is forever pointing out errors anytime a farm is show in a movie, or the incorrect crop shown for a specific location (ie that crop isn't grown in that state), or wrong type of tractor/combine shown doing a task because they figure most people have no clue. Well, they probably have no clue actually, which is why they figure noone else does either, lol.

Never really thought about the mistakes lol

I am going to be watching stuff looking out for this now lol

I get really excited when I spot a mistake!

A couple of the pirates still had their watches on in pirates of the Caribbean

The scene in the clock shop in the crow the time on the big clock keeps changing

In looper, two different actors play the same character at two different ages expect one is right handed and one left handed!

I love spotting mistakes in live theatre shows, the best one was a dancer wearing red nail vanish on her toes in the 1800's

I'm terrible for it with anything medical. I trained as a nurse and it frustrates me when it's unrealistic or they don't even make the bed right.

I'm terrible for it with anything medical. I trained as a nurse and it frustrates me when it's unrealistic or they don't even make the bed right.

I'm a nurse too, sand it annoys me when they show doctors doing everything nurses do and they would never do IRL. Like giving meds, ivs, doing obs (on,y my GP has ever done my blood pressure, never once in a hospital have I seen doc do it, they just read the chart:dohh:) once on Greys anatomy, the surgeons were turning the patients!!! The shows all state how they have to keep nurses on side but never show what a nurse actually does!:growlmad:

I'm a nurse too, sand it annoys me when they show doctors doing everything nurses do and they would never do IRL. Like giving meds, ivs, doing obs (on,y my GP has ever done my blood pressure, never once in a hospital have I seen doc do it, they just read the chart:dohh:) once on Greys anatomy, the surgeons were turning the patients!!! The shows all state how they have to keep nurses on side but never show what a nurse actually does!:growlmad:

Have you ever seen nurse Jackie? My time on wards have never consisted of stealing pills and taking them in a cleaning cupboard, impressive skill when it's been happening years and no one's clocked on. Oh you're so right about drs, most I've encountered run at the sight of sick or poo.

Have you ever seen nurse Jackie? My time on wards have never consisted of stealing pills and taking them in a cleaning cupboard, impressive skill when it's been happening years and no one's clocked on. Oh you're so right about drs, most I've encountered run at the sight of sick or poo.

You just would never get away with it, mainly because what nurse has the time?:haha:

You just would never get away with it, mainly because what nurse has the time?:haha:

Maybe in all those toilet breaks that you never manage to get :winkwink:

In The Bourne Identity when he is escaping on a window ledge, snow appears and disappears on and off the ledge :haha:

Theres a few times when in Friends the boom mic is visable!

There's a fair few hair changes in Friends too with hair that magically changing parting by itself lol. Saw one the other day where Mike's scarf kept going from being crossed and over his shoulder to down loose. His hair kept changing from gelled up to down too.

I think Lord of the Rings has a car in the far distance in an early scene in the Shire, and some Orcs with watches on.

Every tv show or film where someone uses an inhaler - they always always always do it wrong! And why does every labour start with waters breaking, instant screaming and straight to hospital in a panic?

Girls - you're not training your doctors right! I know a few who take commodes to patients, I have had an SHO bed watch a patient for me so I could nip and do something else (there was nothing else for the doctor to do at that time) and I did manage to get a doctor to roll a patient for me so I could give some PR meds. There was no one else around and he was sitting at the nurse's station playing on his phone. I took him to the patient's bedside and told him he was either rolling her or giving the meds!

I really love Casualty (I either watch it at nan's or catch up on the iplayer - I've not had a TV since I moved out nearly 4 years ago, and it's the only thing I've watched religiously since then!) but it is so unrealistic and I do spend a lot of the time shouting at the telly/laptop!

I used to work on gyne and epau, our Drs wouldn't even do a pregnancy test themselves. Why cant they all be like dr ranj.

Girls - you're not training your doctors right! I know a few who take commodes to patients, I have had an SHO bed watch a patient for me so I could nip and do something else (there was nothing else for the doctor to do at that time) and I did manage to get a doctor to roll a patient for me so I could give some PR meds. There was no one else around and he was sitting at the nurse's station playing on his phone. I took him to the patient's bedside and told him he was either rolling her or giving the meds!

I really love Casualty (I either watch it at nan's or catch up on the iplayer - I've not had a TV since I moved out nearly 4 years ago, and it's the only thing I've watched religiously since then!) but it is so unrealistic and I do spend a lot of the time shouting at the telly/laptop!

OMG where do you work, I'm putting in my application tomorrow :haha:

I think it's a mixture of having a couple of consultants who actually are helpful - they cannulate, do discharge letters and even take their patient to x-ray/CT sometimes! - and having bossy nurses like me.

In The Bourne Identity when he is escaping on a window ledge, snow appears and disappears on and off the ledge :haha:

Theres a few times when in Friends the boom mic is visable!

There's a fair few hair changes in Friends too with hair that magically changing parting by itself lol. Saw one the other day where Mike's scarf kept going from being crossed and over his shoulder to down loose. His hair kept changing from gelled up to down too.

I think Lord of the Rings has a car in the far distance in an early scene in the Shire, and some Orcs with watches on.

Every tv show or film where someone uses an inhaler - they always always always do it wrong! And why does every labour start with waters breaking, instant screaming and straight to hospital in a panic?

Both of my labors were just like this, lol. Both started immediately with water breaking, and then going straight to the hospital (but I also had to go straight to hospital for IV antibiotics for being Beta strep +). But noti nstant screaming. Contractions didn't start until about 30 minutes later. But then it was lots of complaining, lol.

And why does every labour start with waters breaking, instant screaming and straight to hospital in a panic?

This really annoys me in Juno! Like one minute she's sitting there bored, next minute, contractions start , waters break, and they're all running (literally) to the car to rush to hospital :dohh:

Just seen one in Buffy on tv this afternoon - she's walking in the desert on a quest to find herself, she's meant to be totally alone but you can clearly see some feet walking in the top corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->