Moving during the school year: Transition to new school

jd83

Mom to 2 beautiful boys!
Reaction score
We are planning to move in February/march, which would mean DS1 will have to move schools mid-school year. I'm a bit stressed about that, with him having to make new friends, adjust to the new school, new teacher, possibly being at different places in their teaching plans, etc. Just wanted to get some feedback from anyone else who may have moved during the school year with how your kids did with the transition.

I guess when they're younger the transition is more easy than when they're older. Also how do you think DS would cope? My DD started school mid year, in reception but after getting a place an it was slow going as kids have already made friends circles but after 2/3 months I felt she was settled. GL

He's pretty outgoing, so I think he'll have no problem talking to other kids. I don't know how accepting the kids will be to a new student mid-year, though. I hope he can make some friends. Ugh. I'm probably more worried about it than him, lol. I agree with the younger age being better than older age for moving, though. I am so glad we're getting the move out of the way now while he's still in kindergarten, rather than years down the road when he has long-established friendships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->