Moving from BF to FF at 10 wks...advice on stopping my boobs exploding!

Cracker

Reaction score
We were so lucky and BF has gone so well, but LO who is super greedy has decided about 10 days ago that she'll only latch when the let down is super fast, after that she really is not willing to put in the effort to get it out and instead screams :cry:

If only we could explain to them... anyway she had FFs yesterday and it was like a different baby - so content and cooing and smiling away :happydance:

What have people found is the best way to stop, I have expressed a little bit a few times today - but should I continue doing this or express one less feed a day. Although I never find expressing gets all the milk out anyway.

Any help mucho appreciated!

Hi i've jst gone through something similar I stopped bf last Thursday and I just expressed on a morning and a night I then just expressed when I felt uncomfortable this went on for about 4 days then I just stopped. It has only been a week but my boobs are a lot better already hth

Try a cold compress and try and increase the time you go without expressing. A full boob will produce less milk and let you body know to stop production. I also found a towel on the bed because the first day I went without expressing they leaked every where that night. Also if you do stop expressing Ibuprofen work wonders. I stopped five days ago but today they feel much softer.

Also, get a savoy cabbage, tear off a leaf at a time and stick a leaf in each cup of your bra. Seriously :lol: It worked wonders for me.

I did the same when I stopped after 7 months - I gradually reduced his feeds till he was only on me for once a day then for the first 2 days after stopping i expressed a little on the boob when it got 'large' (i found one had more that the other!) and I also used cabbage leaves, i agree it does work although you do end up smelling of cabbage after an hour! After 3 - 4 days I was all ok.

xxx

I had to stop straight away on docs orders so couldnt reduce it gradually- thoroughly recommended! My boobs were soooo sore, but i found wearing 2 sports bras helped, and ice packs. They were only really painful for about 2 days then tender for about a week. Good luck

Ive just gone through this hun, I was solely bf but then started on ff so i looked online & it said to express a minimal amount to just ease the severe engorgement, i did this twice a day when it felt really sore. I did this for 2 days then the 3rd & 4th day although really full i found with painkillers i could cope with it without expressing. By the 5th day they had started to go down & over night they had gone down alot.

Online it says if you only express the bare minimal amount your body very quickly soaks up the rest of the milk & realises not to produce as much i think it worked for me. :)

I exclusively bf for the first 6 weeks then combination fed for 10, after that i cut back breast feeds till i was just doing 2 a day then 1 a day then last week i stopped completely it has worked really well for me and my milk has almost gone now i haven't felt sore at all, i was a bit engorged a couple of times when i cut down to only one feed and so i let Myles have a couple of mins on the breast then ff, he didn't seem to mind lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->