Moving from Moses basket to Cotbed

premmiemum123

Reaction score
Hi everyone...need some advice as struggling with the above. My LO is huge now, 8lbs so normal baby size and doing well at home. She is a noisy little thing and has very active sleep, I swear she is talking in her sleep. My OH was keen to move her into her own room into her Cotbed as her room is cooler and our room is warmer and quite stuffy, so he feels it is not good for her. So we tried it.
We put her in the cotbed last night, she was happy as larry and went to sleep straight away however I could not sleep so moved her into our room into her moses basket. I just could not bear being more than 2 ft away from her.
My OH was livid as he spent all day preparing for the big move for me to change my mind at the last minute. It is not that she is not ready, it is that I am not ready!
LO has only been home three weeks after discharge, is this too soon to move her out of our room.

How soon did you move your lovely LO out of your room? Am I just being paranoid? Your thoughts are really appreciated as ever...

i dont think you are paranoid at all hun. Understand why your man wants to regarding the room temp etc but you have only had her home for 3 weeks.

ive had emma home for nearly 4 months now and she still in our room.I say i will then change my mind and she will be a year old in 2 half weeks, though still tiny!! My health visitor said they recommened stay with you for 6 months, but at end of the day its what suits you and the baby and if she seems comfortable in your room i would keep her there till you are contented.

And dont feel paranoid, its only been 3 weeks. xxx

aww putting her in her own room is such a hard step hun, dont feel bad, Matthew stayed in his moses basket in our room til about 3 months just cause I didnt want to be without him :blush: he was more or less sleeping right through by then,and like Emily was beginning to get too big, to get him used to it the first week or so we put the moses basket in his cot, then just took the plunge.....I cried my eyes out that first night, didnt sleep a wink and checked on him I dont know how many times.

We didnt have the space in our room for the cot or I would have kept in in longer. however Im glad he was moved early as we all sleep much better for it. Its understandable tho to want our babies with us for extra ressurance their ok so go with whats right for you and your family x x

Abby went into the cot after we'd had her home for about 4 weeks. She had dropped her 3am feed so there was little reason to keep her in with us. She had trouble in the cot and rolled around alot so we put the bassinet in the cot for a week or so. She now has a rolled up towel under the sheet which acts as a wee bumper, like they did in the incubator. This works well as she has a tendency to push herself up the way with her feet whenever she is lying down. We have a bed in her room so I could have stayed in there if I needed to, but I never felt the need.

We do, however, have a video monitor that sits my my bed so I can not only hear her, but I can see her too. It is kinda nice to drift off looking at her sleeping soundly.

You could sleep with a blanket on the floor of her room. I'm sure after a few nights of that you'll be ready for your own bed!:thumbup:

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, you are all so kind. It is great to know what other people have done as you sometimes don't know what is right or wrong but as many of you have said you have to do what is right for you.
I think this will be a gradual process. I will leave it for another week then try and put her in the cot again and as suggested, maybe sleep by her cotbed until I feel ready.

Thank you all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->