Moving house-how do you decide which child gets the smallest room?!

Are you going to have more? Cos then maybe youngest in the big room so that they can share with the new arrival, or put them in the same room and have a play room for now.

As the youngest, I had the box room growing up!

DS is going into the smallest room in our new place. It's still massive and comfortably fits a kingsize bed with plenty of space.

The youngest had the smallest room in my house, even when we moved. Just one of the down sides of being the youngest I guess! I would put the older one in the bigger room and the younger in the smallest

I'm having this issue aswell, if I was having another girl then I'd have them share a room and have a playroom until they decided they wanted seperate rooms and decide for themselves who gets the smaller one. But because I'm going to have 1 boy, 1 girl I think we're going to work it so our daughter (the oldest) gets the bigger room and our son gets the smaller one.

What I forgot to say was our first house was a 3 bedroom, my two brothers shared the big room and I had the little room. When we moved to a 4 bed my youngest brother got the small room till the oldest moved out

The way my parents did it was every few years we all swapped rooms! Also whoever wanted a room to themselves (3 bedrooms for 5 kids) got the smallest room.

Older child gets the bigger room! I think it's a given right :lol:

Thanks ladies. :flower:
Agree with that suzib-about it being more at people who are in existing houses as opposed to moving that go on bedroom sizes for the kids.
Thinking of putting then in bunk beds in the small room, then letting them have a huge playroom with a sofa bed for guests(or the nights they fall out with each other lol). That might be the best option. X

This is exactly what I was going to suggest! :)

As the oldest child I had the smallest room in our house (not that it was really that small), my sister had the biggest because she was the youngest with the most toys and my brother had the middle size one. once my sister got older and my brother went to live with his dad I swapped to the medium room and my sister got the smallest (because she asked for it), now im gone she has my old room, the small room is a spare room and the big room is a gym lol.

The way my mum said it is the youngest has the most toys and the bulkiest toys plus they spend a lot of time playing, we weren't allowed toys downstairs, they stayed in our rooms so my little sister needed the space, by the time we moved into that house I was 8 so I didn't have many toys really I was more of a book and TV kid.

I'm the oldest and I had the smallest room but that was because my two brothers shared the biggest room. My OH had the biggest room initially but when they moved his younger brother got the biggest room.

When we have a second we are going to have them share so we can keep our guest room as long as possible. They'll probably have their own room when they are older but we'll hopefully know who'll need more space by then, neither room is very big anyway.

I was the oldest and had the smallest room. (two brothers shared bigger room) before youngest brother was born we shared the bigger room and had a small playroom

I'm the oldest and I would always get the biggest room. Except when we moved into our last family house, I chose the smallest room because I liked it better, my brother was happy!

i would think the youngest would get the smallest room:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->