Moving house part way through the school year.

kerrie24

me,him and 3 lo's
Reaction score
I have just got the form to apply for Owens recption place,he starts in september.Obviously I have filled it out for the school my other kids have gone to and which Owen attends nursery at now.
Problem is,I *think* we might be moving,in may.If we move it will be around 4 miles away and I will be wanting to change their schools,for one reason the schools up at the new house are far better,but also I dont want to have to rely on the car never breaking down if I have to travel 4 miles with them.

I cant apply for the new school until I have proof of the new address,I need to decide if I am moving first,and apply once we are living there.

What happens if I move then cant get into a school up there (I think there are 3 primaries in the area).Its a nice area and fills up quickly.
Would I just have to travel back and forth?
I will get a place in the old school but if we move in may I will have to reapply to get him a recption space by september.
Im worried I will have all 3 kids at seperate schools and have to get them all in at 9am :wacko:

From what I understand you would have to apply for places at the local schools once you have proof of your new address and see if there are enough places. If not you might just have to wait and take them back to their previous school until there are places for all of them.

You might get your older 2 in a new school as the class sizes in KS2 aren't restricted to 30 and that would give your youngest priority on a space in Reception but if there's no spaces in Reception they can't admit over 30 just because you'd have to get to different schools. You don't have to send your youngest though until the term after he's 5 so you could keep him at home till a space came up in your older ones were in the school already?

I didnt know that? He is 4 in may,so that is ages.Would he not miss out on a years schooling then?

I didnt know that? He is 4 in may,so that is ages.Would he not miss out on a years schooling then?

Yes he would if he missed the whole of Reception cos he'd have to go straight into yr1. I was just thinking it would remove a bit of pressure if it was likely he'd get a place at a school with your other ones quite quickly rather than having to go to 2 different schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->