moving in 3 weeks :-O

ChickenMommy

Mother of 2
Reaction score
So my husband is military, we just applied last week to move into a bigger base house to accommodate baby. It was approved Friday, and we got our new address today. We move in 3.5 weeks. This happened so FAST (incredibly unlike the military to do ANYTHING quickly). Im so happy that were going to have extra space (an extra bedroom and about 500 more square feet. But moving at 29 weeks pregnant has me nervous. We havent met like anyone since we moved here last summer, and my husband doesnt know anyone at work well enough to ask them for help with moving the big pieces. No entirely sure how this is going to work. But yay for a new house! :happydance:

Congrats on getting a bigger house! And getting a new house in 3 weeks is almost unheard of when it comes to the military. That's exciting!

My DH is in the military too, so I understand how transient the lifestyle can be :haha: Does your Husbands squadron/group have a Facebook page where you could ask for some help? Or, if you don't hear anything, maybe have your hubby ask his boss/commander about putting word out that you need help moving. Military families are usually more than willing to help out other military families because we've all been in need of assistance at some point!

I just saw you're in NC too! Nothing like moving in the humidity in mid July :dohh:

Im 30 weeks and moving in 2 days lol Hubby works in Australia (Im in New Zealand) and hes not home for another week. Ive decided to pay for movers to come and move everything all ive had to do is box stuff up. i couldnt think of anything worse than having to try and lift heavy furniture. Is this possibly an option for you guys? all the best and hope it all turns out well :)

Congrats on getting a bigger house! And getting a new house in 3 weeks is almost unheard of when it comes to the military. That's exciting!

My DH is in the military too, so I understand how transient the lifestyle can be :haha: Does your Husbands squadron/group have a Facebook page where you could ask for some help? Or, if you don't hear anything, maybe have your hubby ask his boss/commander about putting word out that you need help moving. Military families are usually more than willing to help out other military families because we've all been in need of assistance at some point!

I just saw you're in NC too! Nothing like moving in the humidity in mid July :dohh:

I think my husband talked to his parents and theyre going to come down to help. We really dont have anything super heavy. I can help with all the furniture downstairs, I just dont want to be trying to help with mattresses and dressers from upstairs. Not trying to fall down the steps at 29 weeks. So hopefully that works out. If not, I think Im just going to post on the local FB B/S/T page and tell some kid (21ish) that I'll give him pizza and beer to help for 2 hours. Shouldnt be an issue to get someone in to help that way :haha:

The humidity is HORRIBLE already. Im miserable. I dont go outside much. As soon as you open the door you cant breathe, the air is just so thick. :cry:

Im 30 weeks and moving in 2 days lol Hubby works in Australia (Im in New Zealand) and hes not home for another week. Ive decided to pay for movers to come and move everything all ive had to do is box stuff up. i couldnt think of anything worse than having to try and lift heavy furniture. Is this possibly an option for you guys? all the best and hope it all turns out well :)

Eh we probably could, but itd be stupid expensive and we're literally moving like 3 miles MAX, so not really worth it. None of our furniture it really heavy thankfully. We've always bought cheaper stuff because we move so much (this is our 6th move in 6 years), I dont want to risk damaging really good heavy furniture. I can help with all the stuff thats downstairs, its just the dressers and mattresses from upstairs that I dont want to mess with.

I moved house last week. Stress. Hope it goes smoothly for you. X

Congratulations on the new house! I would just stick to packing and avoid moving anything big and like pp said, reach out to other families for some help. I'm sure there will be some helpful people. :) good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->