Moving LO into own room

Kitty1979

Mummy to a Little Prince
Reaction score
When did u move your LO into their own room. LO is in cot in our room, which is too bright I've tried black out curtains but morning sunshine is still creeping in and I think it's causing LO to wake early, past few weeks 5.30am. His nursery is at back of house I think he's ready to go into his nursery but ohbthinksvits far too soon? Advice needed!!!

I moved LO at 9 weeks. He had outgrown his moses basket and it was too much hassle to take the cot apart, to move it in to our room. He slept so much better in his own room and has STTN ever since.

I think it's a very personal choice. If you're looking for a good blackout blind though, I would recommend this:

https://www.johnlewis.com/gro-anywhere-blackout-blind-star-and-moon-print/p231812584

It's a portable blackout blind, that has suckers that attach to the window and it's so easy to fit and will adjust to fit any window size. It was a big help for us, as LO goes to bed early and it's still light outside.

I moved LO about a week ago. He loves the extra space in his cot and we all get a much more peaceful sleep. My mum sewed blackout linings onto his curtains and they really do make a big difference.

I'm really happy we made the move - 4 months instead of waiting until the recommended 6 months would be a big no no for some but it's made a big improvement all round in our household.

Thanks sparrow will check out the blind. I think I'm ready for LO to go into his own room though don't think oh is ready!!! Lol

We plan on moving LO in the next few months, gradually. She will be in there for a nap a day, then all her naps at some point and maybe at 7 months to sleep at night? We'll see. Her crib (in her room) is 12 feet from our bed in our room (very small upstairs with just two rooms) so with both doors open she will be almost as close as she is in her travel crib in our room. If her room was farther I would probably wait longer, but I am paranoid. She is also STTN now, I would not move her if she were not. Would be more of a pain to BF.

We had looked at a different home (just bought this house 6 months ago) and her room would have been downstairs, ours up. In that situation we planned to have her with us for atleast a year.

Robyn just went in on Sunday, she sleeps so much better, but is still up around 5/5:30 so I bring her into bed with me. Seems like a common time to wake!

In my room I have a blackout blind, plus blackout fabric velcroed to the window frame. Makes it almost pitch black. I'll be doing the same with some fabric for Robyn's room soon too!

I am looking around for some light blocking options for Lily's room. We have blinds-sheers-light blocking vinyl roller shade in our room. Works OK but could be better.

I moved at 3 months. His room is just across from ours so its not too far and I find bf easier in the chair than I do sitting in bed!

We also have blackout blinds and blackout-lined curtains in both of the babies rooms and it really is almost pitch black, even in broad daylight. It's fantastic. The curtains weren't expensive either which was a bonus!

Both of mine were in their own rooms from a couple of weeks old (for the start of the night anyway, then they came in with us if/when they woke), for various reasons, but I know that is unusual on here.

I moved lo just over six months, and he started sttn, not consistently but about two weeks worth overall, he seems much happier, more space, less disturbed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->