Moving to dubai!

mammy2oaklen

Reaction score
Hi I'm feeling completely clueless and looking for any advice anyone has on moving to dubai or living there.
I have too young children aged 8months and 3years I'm confused about school for ds1 also we were planning on ttc this year any information on maternity care there costs?

I think it's a great opportunity and dh always does what I want I feel it's time to give him a chanc so I'm looking into everything I am willing to put ttc on hold for 2 years while there.

Any information or advice anyone has would be great.

Hi,

Check expatwoman.com

It's a local forum, you can get great advise from Westerners who're living here.

When are you planning to move? Schools applications usually start in Feb- March, all are private, do you have an idea on the package? Does it cover schooling?

What's your DS date of birth? If he turned 3 after 15 Sept 2013 he should go to KG1 fulltime in Sept 2014. There are several schooling systems (American, British & IB).

Where are you going to stay? Do know which area? Look for schools from now, they usually have long waiting lists

As for maternity cover, it depends o your insurance cover, but usually if maternity is covered within your insurance there is a waiting period, but some cover it immediately. Insurance is also private.

Feel free to PM me, I stay in Sharjah but I've been living in this country all my life, good luck xx

I feel completely lost by the whole thing that's I will check out the website.

The restaurant my husband will be working in will be in downtown buri Khalifa where ever that is sorry I haven't looked into a lot I'm just very daunted by the whole process. So he will want to be within half hour drive of the restaurant I'm assuming Job wouldn't start for 7months.

Ds turned 3 two days ago I guessed it was all private I have read into that no it wouldn't include schooling I know we will pay for that and I have looked at the fees that's fine. I would want him to go to a school that taught British curriculum as it will only be for 2 years then I would want to make it easier for him to fit back in when we come home

Can I ask how much is the package? Are they providing housing? Or only an allowance? You can PM me the details. I can help with the cost of living if I know how much he will be earning, schools are ridiculously expensive here as well as rent.

As for school, you'll have to secure a space from now, look for someone from your DH's work to pay for the registration fee, you will not find a space in July as registration closes in March. Did you like any specific school?

No I'm not completely sure what school will be doing plenty of research over next few days I have pmed u let me know if u don't get it my iPad was playing up not sure it sent. Right ok I will tell dh about that thanks I will get him to look into it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->